I'm sad to say I just finished installing Invisible Shield by ZAGG :(

NateEssex

Bronze
Jun 30, 2007
NJ
I just spent an hour trying to get the Invisible Shield by Zagg on my new iPhone 3G and it looks pretty crappy. Yes, this was my first attempt, but the edges aren't even close to smooth and it's tacky all over. I did get most of the bubbles out, but it really looks bad :(

I much would have preferred to have it professionally installed if the results would be improved. I guess my questions is what do I do now?

Do I let it sit overnight and hope it will look better tomorrow? Try to get it off now? Do they give refunds?

KabaModern

Zealot
Gold
Mar 31, 2008
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
I just spent an hour trying to get the Invisible Shield by Zagg on my new iPhone 3G and it looks pretty crappy. Yes, this was my first attempt, but the edges aren't even close to smooth and it's tacky all over. I did get most of the bubbles out, but it really looks bad :(

I much would have preferred to have it professionally installed if the results would be improved. I guess my questions is what do I do now?

Do I let it sit overnight and hope it will look better tomorrow? Try to get it off now? Do they give refunds?
Yeah - that seems like a sticky situation that you're in. It really is going to depend where you bought the Invisible Shield as to whether or not they're going to return it. For example, if you purchased it at Best Buy, there's a good chance they will return it for you. I can't speak the same for Apple, but kind of have a feeling it may be a bit more difficult.

I would honestly leave it sit in a hot, non-humid climate for the 24 hours it recommends. Obviously letting the Invisible Shield settle and dry out the remain moisture underneath. If you can return it, I HIGHLY recommend going over to your local Best Buy and picking up a pack of the Rocketfish screen protectors. You get four for $14.99, instead of the two for the same price of the Crystals and they're IDENTICAL. Perfectly clear, no scratches - they're just wonderful.

Good luck!

guest 5

Bronze
Jul 5, 2007
I also tried installing the IS. The thing picked up lint like crazy and would not line up properly. I just pulled it off, returned it for a refund.

BigCiX

Zealot
Gold
Jul 11, 2008
Bakersfield, CA
That was the first time i put on a skin. At first i was like "this is impossble", but after toying with it for a while it became easier. All it takes is patience and wet fingers. I used latex gloves to put mine on so fingerprints can be eliminated.

NateEssex

Bronze
Jun 30, 2007
NJ
Will ZAGG refund my money? Anyone done so? I am disappointed...

guest 5

Bronze
Jul 5, 2007
Will ZAGG refund my money? Anyone done so? I am disappointed...
I got my money refunded. Just call them, ask them for a refund. They will ask you to write a paragraph about what is wrong with the shield and I wrote that it's not as easy as advertised to apply and was not up to what I expected as far as quality. Got a refund in about 10 days.

jackz5o

Bronze
Jul 14, 2008
New Jersey
I got my money refunded. Just call them, ask them for a refund. They will ask you to write a paragraph about what is wrong with the shield and I wrote that it's not as easy as advertised to apply and was not up to what I expected as far as quality. Got a refund in about 10 days.
'

Did you have to ship your shield back to them?

NateEssex

Bronze
Jun 30, 2007
NJ
I'll call tomorrow morning. Hopefully, I have a similar experience.

24trepid

Silver
Jan 13, 2008
Florida
That looks awesome, I just ordered a set. Had InvisibleShield, but it just didn't line up right. Maybe this will work better. Thanks for the pics......:)

Last edited by a moderator:

k3n85

Bronze
Jul 14, 2008
enjoying my BG... first time wasn't too bad:

jackz5o

Bronze
Jul 14, 2008
New Jersey
Yes I did. But, hey if I am getting a refund, I don't need the shield anymore anyway.
How much did it cost to ship back? I paid around $12 for mine after a 20% discount and I have a feeling the cost of shipping will be enough for me to just buy a BSE or something lol.

aenti

Zealot
Gold
Jul 8, 2008
Maryland
I was seriously considering getting an IS, but I had such a hard time installing my Crystal protector (I am incredibly OCD about getting it right), that I just settled for an Incase.

guest 5

Bronze
Jul 5, 2007
How much did it cost to ship back? I paid around $12 for mine after a 20% discount and I have a feeling the cost of shipping will be enough for me to just buy a BSE or something lol.
I shipped it back via FedEx, so I think it was somewhere around $10 - $12 to ship back, but I sent it through my company and I wanted to make sure it got there fast and for sure.