I'm scared installing 2.0

NickT916

Bronze
Jan 4, 2008
I can live with a stock iPhone sure, till its jaillbroken
does 2.0 mean phone is unlocked for any sims now?
but will most of the installer apps from 1.1.4 will still be free?
or will not be installer period?
is the app store even worth it?
anything good for free on there?
Can you go back to 1.1.4 ever?

panic panic! im reading threads here and there about people having issues with the 2.0 with email or calendar or iPhone being slower blah blah... hmmm...

NickT916

Bronze
Jan 4, 2008
im still scared! i fear it.. help! lol

michael180

Zealot
Gold
Jun 14, 2007
Santa Cruz, CA
moderntimes.com
does 2.0 mean phone is unlocked for any sims now?
but will most of the installer apps from 1.1.4 will still be free?
or will not be installer period?
is the app store even worth it?
anything good for free on there?
Can you go back to 1.1.4 ever?

panic panic! im reading threads here and there about people having issues with the 2.0 with email or calendar or iPhone being slower blah blah... hmmm...
Those are all excellent questions, which most of us are eagerly awaiting answers. Personally I don't want to upgrade from 1.1.4, or for that matter pick up a 3G until 2.0 can be safely jailbroken.

I am certain that I will not be able to use any of my custom themes and backgrounds through the iTunes store.

Just keep in mind that there are no free lunches. When I find an app that I like I donate to the creator. I do not share those same feelings toward the iTunes store.

My thoughts....................

Ace4261991

Silver
Jun 18, 2007
does 2.0 mean phone is unlocked for any sims now? nope att only
but will most of the installer apps from 1.1.4 will still be free? some apps from installer are on the appstore some free but some now cost money
or will not be installer period? theyres no installer yet until its jailbroken in the coming weeks
is the app store even worth it? personally i think yes. but you sound you don't like paying for things so i don't think so for you i mean theyre are some GREAT free apps. but then tehres a lot of GREAT apps that you ahve to pay for
anything good for free on there? like i said above many of the free ones are great
Can you go back to 1.1.4 ever? not sure about this one but im guessing in the future the dev team or other pople will make this possible via downgrade.

overall... in your case i don't think you should upgrade just yet. wait til the jailbreak comes out im guess next week

Ace4261991

Silver
Jun 18, 2007
Do you think it will be that soon? Man, I hope so.
yeah theyres already videos of it. 2.0 has been jailbroken already theyre just testing it and readying it for release.