I'm sorry, am I missing something?

Status
Not open for further replies.

guest0320

Silver
Nov 11, 2007
Happy Easter

I have been following (with distaste) the events between Depthnerd and (basically) the rest of the people here.
I, personally have had NO problems with him, so perhaps my comment here is uncalled for, but I have made an observation I do not understand.

1-Depthnerd was banned for 2 weeks at 3.22pm.
2-iKid creates an account and makes his first post at 3.41.
3-iKid's second post states that Depthnerd will be back in 2 weeks.
4-Less than half an hour after he is banned, he admits he is Depthnerd under a second account (in voilation of Rule 13).
4-iKid (Depthnerd) is posting all over the board as if nothing happened.

The arrogance and disregard for the Rules of this forum (and personal and societal rules of interaction) shown by Depthnerd/iKid is absolutely breathtaking and frightening.

Dana

S

Starry

Happy Easter

I have been following (with distaste) the events between Depthnerd and (basically) the rest of the people here.
I, personally have had NO problems with him, so perhaps my comment here is uncalled for, but I have made an observation I do not understand.

1-Depthnerd was banned for 2 weeks at 3.22pm.
2-iKid creates an account and makes his first post at 3.41.
3-iKid's second post states that Depthnerd will be back in 2 weeks.
4-Less than half an hour after he is banned, he admits he is Depthnerd under a second account (in voilation of Rule 13).
4-iKid (Depthnerd) is posting all over the board as if nothing happened.

The arrogance and disregard for the Rules of this forum (and personal and societal rules of interaction) shown by Depthnerd/iKid is absolutely breathtaking and frightening.

Dana
Happy Easter to you too Dana... Hope you and yours enjoyed the day!
:cool:

iKid

Mar 23, 2008
John has given me admittance to psot upon this account as long as I keep my cool toward things. Also, I don't see how voilating the rules is breathtaking or freightning. :p PLEASE note the tongue face at the end.

dturner

Zealot
Gold
Dec 15, 2007
Louisville, Ky.
I simply can not believe all this attention over one kid. Come on people, do like I do and ignore anything he says. Best way to do that? Don't reply to any of his post.

S

Starry

Most of us do .. use the ignore feature.. but when you have someone on ignore, and someone else quotes that person you still see their post .. so it's kinda impossible to ignore fully.. I choose to not battle him so I chose to leave that was my choice no one elses and I never once reported him, I kinda hoped he'd see he's ruffling feathers and maybe make a few changes in how he approached people but he didn't and it kept getting worse... I'm sorry he's been banned, I think it's insane that he's made up another name which shows he's NOT going to follow rules and I really wish he'd change cause I think deep inside hes' a good guy and a helpful guy he just needs to get the chip of his shoulder and be kinder... he'd get a lot more respect from folks.. and maybe he doesn't want it or feel he's above that.. who knows.

H

Hayesimus

he does have at least an appropriate avatar. tormenting puppies lol

dturner

Zealot
Gold
Dec 15, 2007
Louisville, Ky.
What I meant Starry is to really ignore him. Not just on a list. I just skip over any post of his and go on. There were plenty of times before I started doing this that I would have probably been banned replying to some of his rude post.

guest0320

Silver
Nov 11, 2007
John has given me admittance to psot upon this account as long as I keep my cool toward things. Also, I don't see how voilating the rules is breathtaking or freightning. :p PLEASE note the tongue face at the end.
Understood.
Depthnerd, I have no problems with you personally, so don't misunderstand my comments.

Chris-the Boss' own words:
<<<Multiple voilations, warnings, infractions and in general his treatment of others here at EIC. I certainly haven't seen the bulk of his posts, so I'm assuming he has made some contributions. As such, he's on a two week leave, rather than a permanent boot. Hopefully, he'll use that time to review the rules here and to respect others. If not, then I presume that he'll find a new forum where this is acceptable behavior. >>>

I was under the impression that a two week leave meant a two week leave for the PERSON that was Depthnerd, not your SCREENAME Depthnerd.

You know that too.

You ignored the clear intent of the ban: to keep you from posting.
Why were you banned?
It was your punishment for the negative behavior as listed above, by the Boss of this website.
You ignored the ban because you do not abide by the rules.
Your actions today show that you do not feel that the rules are important enough to obey (or in your mind, the rules exist to broken) and that the punishment dealt to you for BREAKING the rules is unimportant as well.
That mindset is frightening.

You have on numerous occasions exhibited societally unacceptable behavior. Your actions have hurt and offended numerous people on the website and you have posted that you are proud of the number of infractions and warnings you have received.

You have shown no sorrow at the pain you have caused and shown no remorse for your actions. In fact, your behavior has been quite the opposite: When Starry posted that she was leaving, you posted a smiley face. In fact, it was the BIGGEST smiley face. You TOOK TIME to seek out the BIGGEST smiley face to post to hurt Starry.
THAT is when I began to take notice of the situation.
Those actions are frightening.

Check this out:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Antisocial_personality_disorder

The reason I said your actions are frightening is that you exhibit more than half of the 12 diagnostic criteria for APD, and only 2 are needed for a diagnosis.

You hurt people, you realize it, you are punished for your behavior and ignore the punishment, and continue as if nothing happened.

Ask yourself, HONESTLY, do you REALLY want to behave yourself and remain a member of this forum?
And, also ask yourself , iKid, do REALLY think you can keep your TRUE personality under control for 2 weeks?

See: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Recidivism

We shall see.
Dana

P.S. And, yes, I am a psychologist (MA: Forensic Psychology, Northeastern University-1991).

Luckykelleyk

Gold
Jan 12, 2008
Denver, CO
Understood.
Depthnerd, I have no problems with you personally, so don't misunderstand my comments.

<<<Multiple voilations, warnings, infractions and in general his treatment of others here at EIC. I certainly haven't seen the bulk of his posts, so I'm assuming he has made some contributions. As such, he's on a two week leave, rather than a permanent boot. Hopefully, he'll use that time to review the rules here and to respect others. If not, then I presume that he'll find a new forum where this is acceptable behavior. >>>

I was under the impression that a two week leave meant a two week leave for the PERSON that was Depthnerd, not your SCREENAME Depthnerd.

You know that too.

Why were you banned?
It was your punishment for the negative behavior as listed above, by the Boss of this website.
Your actions today show that you do not feel that the rules are important enough to obey (or in your mind, the rules exist to broken) and that the punishment dealt to you for BREAKING the rules is unimportant as well.

You have on numerous occasions exhibited societally unacceptable behavior. Your actions have hurt and offended numerous people on the website and you have posted that you are proud of the number of infractions and warnings you have received.

You have shown no sorrow at the pain you have caused and shown no remorse for your actions. In fact, your behavior has been quite the opposite: When Starry posted that she was leaving, you posted a smiley face. In fact, it was the BIGGEST smiley face. You TOOK TIME to seek out the BIGGEST smiley face to post to hurt Starry.

Check this out:

The reason I said your actions are frightening is that you exhibit more than half of the 12 diagnostic criteria for APD, and only 2 are needed for a diagnosis.

You hurt people, you realize it, you are punished for your behavior and ignore the punishment, and continue as if nothing happened.

Ask yourself, HONESTLY, do you REALLY want to behave yourself and remain a member of this forum?
And, also ask yourself , iKid, do REALLY think you can keep your TRUE personality under control for 2 weeks?

We shall see.
Dana

P.S. And, yes, I am a psychologist (MA: Forensic Psychology, Northeastern University-1991).
I think he is too young to have anti-social personality disorder.(He is 15, don't you have to be an adult to have ASPD?) He probably just has conduct disorder, probably with some other comorbid disorder. It is likely he is well on his way.

themanofthedark

Gold
Jan 5, 2008
Boston
Understood.

You know that too.

Why were you banned?

Check this out:

We shall see.
Dana

you just made my life, sir.

Bone

Zealot
Gold
Feb 11, 2008
glad to see u back starry. if you look on the thread i just posted in off topic i think you will enjoy my garage picture!

guest0320

Silver
Nov 11, 2007
Kelley,
Two things:
I did not know Depthnerd was 15. His intelligence is amazing, his actions are scary.

If it looks like a duck, walks like a duck and quacks like a duck:

It's a duck.
Even if it is only 15.

:)

Dana

Luckykelleyk

Gold
Jan 12, 2008
Denver, CO
Kelley,
Two things:
I did not know Depthnerd was 15. His intelligence is amazing, his actions are scary.

If it looks like a duck, walks like a duck and quacks like a duck:

It's a duck.
Even if it is only 15.

:)

Dana
Haha yep. Well his actions show his age, hopefully he will grow out of it and won't develop antisocial personality disorder. As you know, he wouldn't have the best prognosis if he does.....

Status
Not open for further replies.