I'm sorry iPhone Gods!

ed2438

Contributor
Bronze
Apr 9, 2010
El Paso, TX
I made a terrible mistake and used my upgrade with AT&T to get an HTC Inspire. The size of the screen is what lured me into making that decision. I know , I know, why go to Android when Apple is better you ask? I noticed that majority of apps in the Android market are free while the same ones in the Apple iTunes AppStore range in price from $.99 and up. So today was my first day using it. I went to work at 6 am and got out at 4pm. I used the HTC maybe 2 times to check email within that time frame. When I got out of work, the battery was at 45%. Yes, I did fully charge it over night. I was so astonished and disappointed that I went back to my iPhone and have come to the conclusion that I will keep using an iPhone as long as I can. I already returned the HTC and got my upgrade back and I am going to preorder the iPhone 5 when it is available for preorder. In conclusion, I sincerely apologize to the iPhone Gods. Have mercy on me!

Rugaby

Genius
Gold
Feb 18, 2011
Washington state
Ed I know that the iPhone gods update their system every Sunday morning when we are sleeping off our hangovers. So I am sure they didn't notice anything u did this week during the week days.

Bennyboy

Genius
Platinum
Jul 21, 2010
PA
What's important is that you learned from your mistake son!

Zanthe

#apple
Gold
Aug 9, 2007
Oh the horror...

Do not forget your meds again. :D

iP5

Evangelist
Gold
Sep 7, 2010
Toronto
LOL

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk

Booyow1204

Contributor
Silver
Jul 14, 2010
Las Vegas
Funny how you mentioned the battery was fully charged and less than half capacity by the time your work day was over, the widgets, live wallpaper, integration, fancy blah blah Android users rave over is what stabs their battery life in the heart. I can never go Android, when I go out my friends say "My phone is gonna die" I cant even repeat the names of their phone models but they say this cause they have Androids.

ed2438

Contributor
Bronze
Apr 9, 2010
El Paso, TX
I even took precautionary steps and downloaded some power saving apps. Btw, they are crap.

iP5

Evangelist
Gold
Sep 7, 2010
Toronto
I even took precautionary steps and downloaded some power saving apps. Btw, they are crap.
Yes, power saving apps are generally crap, hope you didn't pay for them and I never use them myself.

The issue with battery life on the Inspire is the 4G antenna and in general that stock Android antenna management (wifi, gps, 2G/3G/4G, data/voice) favours full connectivity in order to support the rich notification system that allows multiple if not too many apps to constantly update.

I wonder is the iPhone5 going to do 4G? I know its fixing notifications.

The Inspire is basically a variant of my DHD. I can tell you that my battery drain is 9%/hour under usage and 1.5%/hour idle. Still I agree that you shouldn't have to research the phone deeply just to get decent battery life.

iphonewarrior

Apr 11, 2008
Take it back to where you bought it from and return it. Simples.

ed2438

Contributor
Bronze
Apr 9, 2010
El Paso, TX
I did. I also got my upgrade back.

Sent from my White iPhone 4 using the Kick Ass iCafe app!

Zipur

Bronze
Aug 26, 2011
Texas
Due to your transgression your screen will crack, calls will drop, buttons will stick and all sorts of issues will arise. Oh you already returned the HTC.,
Never mind.

danuke

Apr 8, 2011
Texas
One major concern is that Droid does not use the same high level quality controls/checks as Apple does regarding apps.

Booyow1204

Contributor
Silver
Jul 14, 2010
Las Vegas
This is true, and Android doesn't always keep the apps up to date w/their OS. Example, many apps work well on Android then all of a sudden stop working (e.g Pandora). Unlike Apple it's not uncommon for an app to work and then all of a sudden quit.

Jun 19, 2007
Upper Marlboro, MD
This is true, and Android doesn't always keep the apps up to date w/their OS. Example, many apps work well on Android then all of a sudden stop working (e.g Pandora). Unlike Apple it's not common for an app to work and then all of a sudden quit.
Did you mean "uncommon?"

Jul 13, 2011
long-live HTC for making our choice easy and for keeping the Gods happy. I ha(d)ve an HTC Wildfire, I am now using a Nokia 2220s and waiting for the iPh5, if you know what I mean...

Last edited by a moderator: