I'm starting to hate the iPhone.

paul_h

Nov 22, 2008
The phone's required monthly plan costs an arm and a leg. You're required to get the data plan, and they charge $20 on top of that for text messaging. You'll be easily forking over $100 a month just on the phone bill. That might be acceptable if the phone's feature's are top quality, but they're not.
If the iPhone's features are not "top quality" then I don't know what is. It is currently the phone to beat.

iPhoneMonster

Bronze
Jan 18, 2009
Aww, Sorry mate, I love my iPhone. I don't use/need, copy & paste, MMS, the camera... I use e-mail more. The only thing is the price that I agree with you on. I'd rather have the camera like this, at least it looks good. Instead of having this ugly thing that I don't even use.

PapaST

Bronze
Sep 10, 2007
Like another poster said... man it sucks he wasted all that money on a phone he doesn't like. Maybe he'll research the phone before he buys it next time. buuh-bye

harleygold

Bronze
Jul 26, 2008
Anderson, IN
My only problem with this thread (and I didn't even read it) is someone didn't do their homework before purchasing it. And has one post at that! Folks I've done my homework ever since the iPhone came out. Either bite your tongue or make it better. Lifes to short.

Napoleon PhoneApart

Genius
Platinum
Jun 19, 2007
Upper Marlboro, MD
Let's start all over: it's a phone - a mobile phone! With a nice design, great touch interface on a BIG screen. Then the iPhone have applications - a lot of them: 15.000+! The iPhone don't have MMS or copy/paste option, - but it has a lot of other great things to offer.

As I said before - "if you don't like the smell in the bakery" - move to another mobile...with all the features of the iPhone + MMS/copy...
Agreed.

Whatever happened to "research before purchase?"

Napoleon PhoneApart

Genius
Platinum
Jun 19, 2007
Upper Marlboro, MD
Aww, Sorry mate, I love my iPhone. I don't use/need, copy & paste, MMS, the camera... I use e-mail more. The only thing is the price that I agree with you on. I'd rather have the camera like this, at least it looks good. Instead of having this ugly thing that I don't even use.
I'm a huge proponent of copy & paste on the iPhone, but I knew that the iPhone didn't have C&P when I bought it.

bubbatex

Bronze
Sep 26, 2007
Austin, TX
Have to throw my 2 cents in here - I don't have an iPhone yet, but have a WM device and have had Treo's in the past. I have used copy and paste about twice in the past 3 years, but boy, I certainly am well aware that the iPhone does not have it right now. Dead horse. As for MMS (sorry, could care less - don't understand why you can't attach a pict to an email for gosh sakes), every where I go (Sprint, VZW and ATT) somone is complaining about some phone that will not support MMS. WM did not until recently at Sprint and BB's still don't. So, if MMS is so important to folks - why do you buy a device that CLEARLY does not support it? Dead horse #2. Move on.....

BTW - when I get an iPhone, I promise I will not come to this forum and complaint about c&p or MMS!

jarofclay73

Zealot
Gold
Jun 23, 2008
Honolulu, Hawaii
Too bad people don't research products before they buy. The iPhone is not for everyone.

I LOVE my iPhone. I know how to use the camera to take great photos. In fact, some friends of mine decided to compare the T-Mobile G1 camera (3.2MP, autofocus) with the iPhone's camera and THEY said (the G1 owners) the iPhone's picture quality came out better.

I pay about $90/month for my iPhone plus my father's normal cell phone. We have the lowest amount of minutes for our Family Plan and we a THOUSANDS of rollover minutes that I can use if I have to. Call quality is GREAT here in Honolulu. No dropped calls. And I think the 3G speeds are adequate. I know not everyone has blazing 3G speeds.

I don't know about you but I'm paying $5/month for 200 texts. I don't text that much.

Picazzo

Zealot
Gold
Jan 21, 2008
Copenhagen, Denmark
Too bad people don't research products before they buy. The iPhone is not for everyone.

I LOVE my iPhone. I know how to use the camera to take great photos. In fact, some friends of mine decided to compare the T-Mobile G1 camera (3.2MP, autofocus) with the iPhone's camera and THEY said (the G1 owners) the iPhone's picture quality came out better.

I pay about $90/month for my iPhone plus my father's normal cell phone. We have the lowest amount of minutes for our Family Plan and we a THOUSANDS of rollover minutes that I can use if I have to. Call quality is GREAT here in Honolulu. No dropped calls. And I think the 3G speeds are adequate. I know not everyone has blazing 3G speeds.

I don't know about you but I'm paying $5/month for 200 texts. I don't text that much.
Great pictures taking by you and the iPhone! iPhone pictures are super great for e-mailing and something like that - but what about the print quality?

psylichon

Genius
Oct 31, 2007
Philly
I've printed many iPhone photos and they look great at 4x6. As all pictures, if it's dark with no flash, it's going to be a bit grainy, but I'm always impressed with the quality of picture. It just takes a super-steady hand. Nightshot helps.

In bright sunlight, I LOVE the iPhone's camera.

AdrianCubed

Zealot
Gold
Jul 19, 2008
London or Miami
Yes, hate is a strong word. But slowly, I've come to hate this supposed all in one iPhone 3G.

The phone's required monthly plan costs an arm and a leg. You're required to get the data plan, and they charge $20 on top of that for text messaging. You'll be easily forking over $100 a month just on the phone bill. That might be acceptable if the phone's feature's are top quality, but they're not.

The call quality isn't great, the speeds even with the 3G phone aren't that fast.

But the camera is my biggest disappointment with the iPhone.

How Apple made such a crap camera into their premiere product, and then refused to update it with the 3G iPhone, I’ll never understand.

I’m still stuck lugging around my regular camera everywhere I go because the one on the iPhone was so much worse than my previous camera phone.

Either include a camera good enough to replace the standard camera (my old phone’s 3.2 megapixel camera with flash took fantastic pictures), or don’t even bother including a camera.

Would including a bigger lense, 3.2 megapixels and a flash really have killed them?

I hate when people go the intermediate route.

Here’s to hoping that the Palm Pre’s camera is good. If so, I’ll be dumping the iPhone for it or the HTC Touch HD at some point soon.

Pro:

They give you a plan that includes unlimited data. Correction, they REQUIRE you to buy a plan with unlimited data for 2 years. Then they charge an extra $20 on top of that for text messaging. Throw in the actual voice plan and it costs $100 a month. That's a pretty big pro if you often find extra money burning a hole in your pocket

Con:

How Apple made such a crap camera in the iPhone, and then refused to update it with the 3G iPhone, I'll never understand. I'm still stuck lugging around my regular camera everywhere I go. The iPhone was so much worse than my previous camera phone. Would including a bigger lense, 3.2 megapixels and a flash really have killed them?
Ok First off, let me explain to you how your ignorance and stupidity came across in your original post.

Thanks for telling us you hate the iPhone...however you payed the money and bought one, so kudos to you for "wasting your money on one of the best gadgets that came from a company that doesn't even specialize at making phones...yet it beat many of the phone companies at their own game, and even changed the way its played.

The call quality = AT&T's problem.... The iPhones Phone features/chipset are made by Samsung Group South Korea.

In your PRO's statement... Yes they require you to buy the data plan or you can be ignorant and refuse to buy it. $69.99 is a bargain compaired to the kilobyte charges you'll be racking up everytime you download/view or go online (3G) with the phone. To me AT&T is doing you a service...not many companies will require something that keeps you from paying them extra.

Also, 20bucks extra is an ADD ON option from the customer at the customers discretion. Its $20 bucks extra if YOU WANT to add Unlimited Text messaging. It is not required, and they do not force you to purchase it. This is stated on your Monthly Bill statement as an extra service/additional service/add on.

450 Minutes + Unlimited Data + Unlimited Text comes to exactly $105.07 per month here in Florida. (this is the plan i have and its what i pay.) I find it to be everything i need, and i don't mind paying that monthly since i knew that finantially it wasn't going to "break the bank".

In your CON's statement: Stop bitching about its camera. It is highly irrational to think that if you got invited to say... a wedding you're going to show up with a phone/media device to take pictures. Im sorry, but even if i had a 7MP camera phone, i probably wouldn't be taking pictures at special events with it. Thats why i bought a Nikon D90. The iPhone's Camera is just a bare minimum on the go shooter camera.

Well, sorry that the phone didn't live up to your irrational and clearly misunderstood expactations.
Its a good device? Yes.
Is it the best at what it does? Maybe
Is it cheap? No
Should you have done your research before buying one? Yes.

glsda

Zealot
Gold
Oct 17, 2007
California
I get really bored and fed up with the whiners. Londonrockz you do an exceptional job of of reading them the riot act in a manner such they they may learn something but I am not optimistic.

jarofclay73

Zealot
Gold
Jun 23, 2008
Honolulu, Hawaii
Great pictures taking by you and the iPhone! iPhone pictures are super great for e-mailing and something like that - but what about the print quality?
I'm not sure about my calculations, but if you take an iPhone photo at the full 1600x1200 then isn't that 22" x 16" at its maximum?

The hard part about getting nice iPhone photos is getting them in focus. I can sort of eyeball the focal point for the iPhone - I would say about 3 to 6 feet.

Night Camera definitely helps photos taken in low light or darkness.

AdrianCubed

Zealot
Gold
Jul 19, 2008
London or Miami
I get really bored and fed up with the whiners. Londonrockz you do an exceptional job of of reading them the riot act in a manner such they they may learn something but I am not optimistic.
Me neither. Its the misunderstandings of the device and the expectations (whether they be rational or irrational) are what lead people to either hate the device or love the device.

I researched the device amongst all its hype and learned what it [can do], [will do], [does the best], [does well], [doesn't do]... and based my purchase on that. Those 5 things helped me understand what im buying instead of following the hype and setting high expectations that may disappoint later.

Money well spent IMHO.

geordisjd

Zealot
Bronze
Jul 1, 2007
Only crappy shooters get crappy pics with the iPhone!

Visit the "Post your iPhone pics" thread, and witness hundreds (thousands?) of great pics before making such a statement.

Last edited by a moderator: