I'm using a iPod wall charger! Good or bad?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

gotnagel

Bronze
Jul 6, 2007
Does it matter if i use a ipod charger for my iPhone? or is it all the same?

It's fully dead, and i don't have my original iPhone charger nor dock so i have to use a ipod charger.

someone please confirm this!

thanks in advance

Mustangous

Bronze
Jul 6, 2007
I don't believe these companies when they say you have to buy all new accessories. Xtrememac told me on the phone that their car charge that i bought for the nano 2g 2 months ago wouldn't work and to purchase their new one and it will work for all of them. Well i have been using that original charger since the iPhone came out without problems...

gotnagel

Bronze
Jul 6, 2007
Thanks for the late night confirm!

now i don't have to worry about having a charger because majority of the people have ipod/iPhones!

Skipper

Bronze
Jul 18, 2007
There may be some truth behind using iPhone Specific products with the iPhone. Yes, it all should charge the iPhone, but I bought the Xtrememac car charger and it completely wiped out my radio. Like, literally as I unplugged the charger without even having the usb cable connected, the radio came back on, but as soon as I plugged it back in, complete static!

The Griffin gets the job done perfect though!

TrippalHealicks

Gold
Mar 2, 2007
There's a reason why it's called the "universal" dock USB cord.
It will work just fine. :)
What happened to the original stuff, by the way? lol

Jul 2, 2007
USB bus power is a standard among peripheral makers. Any device that charges the iPod/iPhone (wall adapter, car adapter, etc.) simply provides USB bus power but without the USB data connection. In other words, there are no compatibility issues.

For that matter, if you have any non-Apple device device that charges over USB, you should be able to plug it into a wall adapter without problems... I think. :)

jrez

Jun 29, 2007
Powell, OH
There may be some truth behind using iPhone Specific products with the iPhone. Yes, it all should charge the iPhone, but I bought the Xtrememac car charger and it completely wiped out my radio. Like, literally as I unplugged the charger without even having the usb cable connected, the radio came back on, but as soon as I plugged it back in, complete static!

The Griffin gets the job done perfect though!

I don't know what brand of car charger I have for my iPod, but I hooked up my iPhone to it and it drained the battery. It was already low in green, after driving 20 minutes w/ the iPhone plugged in the battery was even lower and in the red. Does this make any sense?

I bought that charger at Best Buy earlier this year.