IM+

Panache010

Silver
Aug 19, 2007
Has anyone used IM+ for iPhone yet? Any reviews. I am downloading it now.

paa79594

Silver
Jul 23, 2007
Los Angeles
www.theplasticguys.com

coinstar99

Bronze
Sep 6, 2007
Palringo is great. Now, if I only had someone to IM... :p

Going to have to second that statement, Palringo is great but I have no one to IM. I can't wait for background notifications. IM+ isn't that bad, its plain, but if you have every used any of the Windows Mobile versions you will know that Shape does a good job of updating on a regular basis. Give them time, and I am sure we will see a real smooth app.

Jun 23, 2008
Honolulu, Hawaii
Just got IM+. It's plain. Vanilla. Seems to be reliable though.

One thing I don't like is that I can't tell which contacts are from which IM. Palringo has an icon to differentiate. Especially when one person is on four different IMs.

I'm sure like Palringo, they will continue to upgrade and make it better. I'm not going to delete this one just yet.

KevJD

Bronze
Aug 30, 2008
This is not a great app at all. basic interface and very boring. and no option to stay online so if you press the home button you are logged out. there aren't even preferences. don't recommend this app. wait for beejive. http://www.boygeniusreport.com/2008...-consider-every-other-im-app-dead-and-buried/
Please don't knock on an app for not running in the backround. This is not allowed by Apple, nor will it probably ever be allowed. Once Apple gets their push notification services running, this problem should be solved. Not fair to list it as a negative of the app itself...

KevJD

FlwrPwer

Evangelist
Gold
Aug 7, 2008
Montgomery, NY
Please don't knock on an app for not running in the backround. This is not allowed by Apple, nor will it probably ever be allowed. Once Apple gets their push notification services running, this problem should be solved. Not fair to list it as a negative of the app itself...

KevJD
Thats not what the poster said. The poster said that if you hit the home button, you are logged out. AIM, on the other hand, does not log you out if you hit the home button. So while you wont get notifications if you get messages until you are in the app, you will still be shown as online. There's a difference.

Jun 23, 2008
Honolulu, Hawaii
Thats not what the poster said. The poster said that if you hit the home button, you are logged out. AIM, on the other hand, does not log you out if you hit the home button. So while you wont get notifications if you get messages until you are in the app, you will still be shown as online. There's a difference.
So we should knocking AIM for showing us online when we can't even respond to IMs that we don't know about... :laugh2:

gibby71

Silver
Jan 8, 2008
in a galaxy far far away...
I used to use IM+ on my Treo back when I had one. One thing I can tell you is that they had great support. They took the time to go through my logs to find out why I was having crashing issues. They fixed my issues fast and where very friendly. I will check this iPhone version out soon.

r1mania

Jul 19, 2008

KevJD

Any IM app in my opinion is useless until, or if, Apple will allow programs to run in the background. Who is staying logged into just that app for the entire time?

Good app, but has limitations.

itsnowornever

Bronze
Jul 20, 2008
Cali Baby!
I paid for the freaking MC chat because they claimed to keep you "online" via their server so that you can still get messages when you log in...however, they were RIDICULOUS...waist of freaking money and they do NOT respond! I'm rather grouchy about that.

I tried Palringo and IM+....I will wait for BeeJive...had them when I had my BB and they were great!