iM600 altec lansing help!

japongs_17

Mar 31, 2008
guys, i'm a newbie here and please do help me... is it safe to use altec lansing iM600 for iPhone? i just want to confirm it... i really like the style and the specs. but if it would harm my phone then i should say bye bye to my dream docking speaker...

please do help me... these are my questions about the speakers..

1. can i use it with my iPhone?
2. will it not fry my phone?
3. can i put the volume on loudest as possible without damaging my phone?
4. how long can i dock it (if i can use it with my phone) like can i use it 8hrs straight without damaging my phone?

thanks... hope somebody can help me here

iPaul

Bronze
Jun 25, 2007
Minneapolis
I make no claims about what the im600 is guarenteed to work with, but....

I just purchased it last week and yes, it works fine so far with the iPhone.

I have used it for a week with no such problems. Some intermittant GSM interference, but for some reason it stops most of the time.

The volume on the unit has nothing to do with the phone, the audio goes out of the phone, not back in...

4. how long can i dock it (if i can use it with my phone) like can i use it 8hrs straight without damaging my phone

I have left phone charging on unit for up to 8 hours at a time.

I like the iM600, especially that it has a rechargable battery, which makes it the closest thing to an iPhone 'boombox' that I've seen. Also works with iRadio, which is sweet!

japongs_17

Mar 31, 2008
I make no claims about what the im600 is guarenteed to work with, but....

I just purchased it last week and yes, it works fine so far with the iPhone.

I have used it for a week with no such problems. Some intermittant GSM interference, but for some reason it stops most of the time.

The volume on the unit has nothing to do with the phone, the audio goes out of the phone, not back in...

4. how long can i dock it (if i can use it with my phone) like can i use it 8hrs straight without damaging my phone

I have left phone charging on unit for up to 8 hours at a time.

I like the iM600, especially that it has a rechargable battery, which makes it the closest thing to an iPhone 'boombox' that I've seen. Also works with iRadio, which is sweet!
wow thanks... additional question...

do you turn on airplane mode? thanks in advance

japongs_17

Mar 31, 2008
guys quick question... can i still receive message and calls using this speaker? thanks in advance