iMac Refresh, is it due?

Discussion in 'iMac' started by laughjimbo, Jul 10, 2012.

1. laughjimbo

laughjimbo Member
    Bronze

I know this question may have been asked before so please forgive me. I am looking at getting an iMac for at home as I do miss sitting at a desk with a large screen to use. I currently have a MBP 13 2011 model and I use this whilst i am out at work. I have been using it in clamshell mode whilst at home but now really want to get an iMac. I am unsure whether to go for a 21.5" or the 27" model (i expect i'll plumb for the 27") but am wondering if a newer version is due out soon, if it is then i may wait for that but at the moment the money is burning a whole in my bank account and it is my 40th this month so unsure what to do.
    Anyone know if they are due a refresh?

Sent from my iPad2 using iCafe app

2. fury

fury Evangelist
    Gold

No one knows for certain, but they have been updating them every year or so, and the last time they updated was May 2011, so it makes sense there will be a new one soonish. It all depends on how long you're willing to wait. I've heard updated iMacs may be released in October.

I got one last November. I sought out the 2010 model for the ability to plug a DisplayPort cable into it to use the iMac as my PC's monitor (something they took away from the 2011 models, and likely will not bring back)

3. laughjimbo

laughjimbo Member
    Bronze

Sounds like a useful feature to able to use the iMac as a monitor. I guess i will wait for as long as i can then get one and just hope there is a new model soon. Would be great if they put a retina display on them, especially the 27". But just thinking of the extra cost for that option, big money!

Sent from my iPad2 using iCafe app

4. Rafagon

Rafagon Genius
    Gold

Yes, they were...:ROFLMAO:

5. Napoleon PhoneApart

Senior Moderator

They still are - in about a year now. :D