iMac SSD drive...

Discussion in 'iMac' started by FuelieNova, Dec 12, 2012.

1. FuelieNova

FuelieNova Contributor
    Silver

Well i am going to byte the bullet and install a SSD hard drive in my iMac. I got a Samsung 840 Pro drive for a good price and going to use the OWC kit to install.
    I am thinking about doing a fresh install of ML and all my applications on the SSD and then keeping my pictures on the original HD.
    Hopefully install late next week sometime.
    Tom

2. Napoleon PhoneApart

Senior Moderator

"Byte the bullet"? Intentional? :)

3. FuelieNova

FuelieNova Contributor
    Silver

YA.... im an old time programmar that still deals with ones and zeros... Byte...
    Tom

4. Napoleon PhoneApart

Senior Moderator

Well played, sir. I doff my hat to you.

5. FuelieNova

FuelieNova Contributor
    Silver

Well my update didn't go so well! Im in deep do do! When removing the display I damaged the connector for the video ribbon cable on the logic board. I put it back together and the display was flashing and poor quality. I took it back apart this morning and tried to solder the connector back to the logic board and it seems to have cured the blinking and also made the quality of the display better than what it was. New logic board from Apple is $1500... ouch! I wish I had never tried this... i would have been fine but I leaned the display out too far forward when disconnecting the cables and thats when the connector snapped.
    I did find a used logic board that is guaranteed on ebay for a reasonable price and have it coming, but it will not be here until late next week.
    You ever have a pitt in your stomach? I might end up having to by a new iMac, im sunk!
    Later
    Tom