iMacquarium Thread

geordisjd

Zealot
Bronze
Jul 1, 2007
I've been wanting one for years. For those who have everything and have ran out of ideas:

I'm getting an iMacquarium!

I will post iPhone pics (of course) when I get it! It will be smoke-colored like the above picture. I got to figure out where to put it too. Hope Kitty won't be too inerested.

Last edited by a moderator:

psylichon

Genius
Oct 31, 2007
Philly
Doesn't the guy that makes those frequent these forums? I know I've seen him on here...

That's really cool Geordi... definitely pics when it arrives. What kind of fish are going in it?

patrickj

Genius
Gold
Sep 2, 2007
Austin, Tx
ipadinsight.com
Those do really look striking and cool. We don't keep fish though - just one little Beta in my daughter's room.

Wonder if this guy could knock something up to house my 90-pound Lab - although I think my guy might detract a tad from the overall aesthetic ...

geordisjd

Zealot
Bronze
Jul 1, 2007
Doesn't the guy that makes those frequent these forums? I know I've seen him on here...

That's really cool Geordi... definitely pics when it arrives. What kind of fish are going in it?
Tiny, weeny fishies that don't poop much, because I don't like to clean...

psylichon

Genius
Oct 31, 2007
Philly
Tiny, weeny fishies that don't poop much, because I don't like to clean...
You sound like a candidate for Sea monkeys or Grow-a-frogs.

Though I have to confess to killing about 4 Grow-a-frogs as a child before I realized that placing their tank on a shelf above a lamp was not a good idea... unless you like your Kermie boiled.

geordisjd

Zealot
Bronze
Jul 1, 2007
You sound like a candidate for Sea monkeys or Grow-a-frogs.

Though I have to confess to killing about 4 Grow-a-frogs as a child before I realized that placing their tank on a shelf above a lamp was not a good idea... unless you like your Kermie boiled.
Why did you have to bring this up? When I was 8, I was "raising" baby frogs from eggs I had found in the pond at our little country house (and I mean LITTLE). Any way, we were there every week-end in summer. There were exactly 9 tadpoles-becoming-frogs in my bowl. My Dad suggested to put them on the hood of the car to warm them up, because it was so cold. So I did. 2 hours later, they were cooked, belly up in the air.

It's been about 40 years, and I still feel guilty, and I can't forgive myself.
Those little tadpoles-frogs had nobody but me to take care of them, and I failed them.

No wonder we grow up being so fucked up.

psylichon

Genius
Oct 31, 2007
Philly
oh I'm cool with it. Those tadpoles were douchebags that had it coming!

Buffy

Zealot
Gold
Jan 20, 2008
Haha! I'm not innocent, either...I thought I would help "oxygenate" the fishies' water (I was 7 or 8) and chose a toy similar to a turkey baster but with a bigger snout...and started pumping away. Sucked them all right up and then pushed them all out. They were floating by the next day, and I've never since owned fish.

Back to the aquarium topic, I really do like the looks of it! Definitely small fish, as it doesn't appear much larger than a bowl, but the fishies would definitely be living in a chic home.

geordisjd

Zealot
Bronze
Jul 1, 2007
oh I'm cool with it. Those tadpoles were douchebags that had it coming!
I don't agree. There were just tadpoles, and they didn't know better. I mean it when I say that 40 years later, I still feel guilty.

At least, I took good care of all the critters that came after that...

Youngbinks

Zealot
Gold
Jun 4, 2007
Atlanta, Georgia
Why did you have to bring this up? When I was 8, I was "raising" baby frogs from eggs I had found in the pond at our little country house (and I mean LITTLE). Any way, we were there every week-end in summer. There were exactly 9 tadpoles-becoming-frogs in my bowl. My Dad suggested to put them on the hood of the car to warm them up, because it was so cold. So I did. 2 hours later, they were cooked, belly up in the air.

It's been about 40 years, and I still feel guilty, and I can't forgive myself.
Those little tadpoles-frogs had nobody but me to take care of them, and I failed them.

No wonder we grow up being so fucked up.
I'm sorry but I kind of snickered when I read that. :(
I accidentally killed out 1st grade pet hamster and my parents and the teacher had to find a look-alike so the other kids in the class didn't know. I still feel horrible knowing I'm the only one that knows that he was a replacement.

Alexander

Zealot
Gold
Jun 28, 2007
Atlanta
I've killed four tadpoles I caught at the pond as well. I didn't lift their bucket for a week, so all the nutrients settled.

Sigh.

acosmichippo

Genius
Platinum
Sep 10, 2007
DC
I'm sorry but I kind of snickered when I read that. :(
I accidentally killed out 1st grade pet hamster and my parents and the teacher had to find a look-alike so the other kids in the class didn't know. I still feel horrible knowing I'm the only one that knows that he was a replacement.
ok, how did you kill it?

Youngbinks

Zealot
Gold
Jun 4, 2007
Atlanta, Georgia
Well, my parents said that it was because I "played with him too much" but I'm pretty sure that it was because hamsters aren't meant to do acrobatic activities such as front flips and back flips. I fed and watered it like I should have but I suppose I was too young to realize the physical limitations of a small animal. It happened over the course of a weekend too (each student had a certain weekend that they could care for the little guy) which made me feel even worse.

x999x

Gold
Aug 6, 2007
I think for boys killing something is just part of growing up. Sure in a more civilized world it might seem barbaric, but just a generation or two ago killing yourself a deer was a right of passage into manhood, and in some parts of the country it still is. Just look at the kid who shot "Hogzilla."

Its a very difficult experience to see something die from your actions. Part of you dies with it, your innocence. I wouldn't go back and change things if I could, because it gave me a deeper appreciation for life as a result.

jjvaldez

Gold
Jul 3, 2007
Salinas, Ca
i know that you posted pics on irovr but post them here so we can see a bigger pic it...

thanks

:)

kokogirl

Gold
Sep 8, 2007
Sunny Florida
I think a lot of kids have killed pet fish by accident, or with good intentions. My parents told me I killed 2 sets of fish as a very small child. Once I tried to give them a bath with some Tide, and once I thought they would like some milk. I think I my mom did not pay enough attention to what I was doing... I do not think I should have had easy access to laundry detergent.

Eragon

Zealot
Gold
Jan 8, 2008
Frederick, MD
I don't agree. There were just tadpoles, and they didn't know better. I mean it when I say that 40 years later, I still feel guilty.

At least, I took good care of all the critters that came after that...
Geordisjd, you are a good person who has committed her life to saving others. You've learned one of life's gravest lessons in a way that has benefitted so many others. The guilt will never go away, but your service since has more than atoned for the sins of the past. :)

geordisjd

Zealot
Bronze
Jul 1, 2007
Bad news, 1 fish is dead and another one looking not much better:(.

Meanwhile, bored of playing in the box, Kitty has discovered the iMacquarium.