IMAP issue and mediatemple

jt08

Sep 20, 2007
Any Mediatemple imap users or any other imap users...

I am having a really strange issue. I am not sure if its media temple of the iPhone. I did however call mediatemple and they said it wasn't on their side. Here is the issues.

When sending a photo by email or clicking an email link from a text message it sends fine however, What is happening is when I check the mail it has added a new sent folder to the folders list. It has also created a new folder on the server. I can't even delete the folder on the server through webmail on the newly created folders. I can create one and delete it no problem, just not the newly created ones.

I even went as far as deleting the account then making a new one then added it to the iPhone. After that I tested by going into mail on the phone and sending from the app. The problem is only when sending from photo or text message.

Anyone else have this issue of can you test sending email as described? (mediatemple users out there please confim this as an issue or just on my side) I have set up the imap correctly..

Thanks.

May 23, 2007
Los Angeles, CA
Any Mediatemple imap users or any other imap users...

I am having a really strange issue. I am not sure if its media temple of the iPhone. I did however call mediatemple and they said it wasn't on their side. Here is the issues.

When sending a photo by email or clicking an email link from a text message it sends fine however, What is happening is when I check the mail it has added a new sent folder to the folders list. It has also created a new folder on the server. I can't even delete the folder on the server through webmail on the newly created folders. I can create one and delete it no problem, just not the newly created ones.

I even went as far as deleting the account then making a new one then added it to the iPhone. After that I tested by going into mail on the phone and sending from the app. The problem is only when sending from photo or text message.

Anyone else have this issue of can you test sending email as described? (mediatemple users out there please confim this as an issue or just on my side) I have set up the imap correctly..

Thanks.

Hi man...

I use mediatemple for both my websites. Did you set INBOX as your imap path prefix? cos i have done this and i don't seem to have this problem.

cheers man

jt08

Sep 20, 2007
Hi man...

I use mediatemple for both my websites. Did you set INBOX as your imap path prefix? cos i have done this and i don't seem to have this problem.

cheers man

Hi,

Yes I have set everything up correctly. I set up imap on this phone from an old server that I no longer have. I never send a photo of the old account so I don't know if it was an issue over there. It is now and I cant seem to figure it out.

May 23, 2007
Los Angeles, CA
Hi,

Yes I have set everything up correctly. I set up imap on this phone from an old server that I no longer have. I never send a photo of the old account so I don't know if it was an issue over there. It is now and I cant seem to figure it out.
hmm....

very strange... unfortunately i do not have a solution for you... i do not seem to have this problem.... i just tried it and no issues...

Anybody else out there have a solution?

Cheers

jt08

Sep 20, 2007
hmm....

very strange... unfortunately i do not have a solution for you... i do not seem to have this problem.... i just tried it and no issues...

Anybody else out there have a solution?

Cheers

Strange indeed. When you set up your account, did you set it on the computer and sync it with the phone? I didn't but I don't really see how that would be an issue because its all running off the server folders using imap.

May 23, 2007
Los Angeles, CA
Strange indeed. When you set up your account, did you set it on the computer and sync it with the phone? I didn't but I don't really see how that would be an issue because its all running off the server folders using imap.
exactly.... i don't see how that could be an issue at all.... i set it on my mac long before i got my iPhone and just synced it....

jt08

Sep 20, 2007
exactly.... i don't see how that could be an issue at all.... i set it on my mac long before i got my iPhone and just synced it....
Weird.. I just synced with my mac and nothing. all the same.