IMAP Mail settings to display subfolders?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

philhh

Bronze
Jul 30, 2007
Hi Everyone,

First post here. I just got my iPhone (and one for my wife!) and love it. I was using a terrific program called Chatter on my Treo for IMAP IDLE email on fastmail.com which has worked beautifully.

On my iPhone, however, the fastmail.com account only shows my inbox and no subfolders I have created. Plus it does not appear to be pushing mail real time? Does anyone know how to correct these two issues?

Thanks in advance!

Phil

UFGator

Jul 17, 2007
The default in mail setup is POP. You have to make sure you select IMAP. Go into your settings and create a new account (there is no way to see if you setup your account as IMAP or POP once you set it up so you have to start over). This time make sure you highlight IMAP and not POP. Also, there is no "real time" push. You can set your e-mail to check every minute, but that's as close as you get.

brinky

Bronze
Jul 24, 2007
Atlanta, Ga
Hi Everyone,

First post here. I just got my iPhone (and one for my wife!) and love it. I was using a terrific program called Chatter on my Treo for IMAP IDLE email on fastmail.com which has worked beautifully.

On my iPhone, however, the fastmail.com account only shows my inbox and no subfolders I have created. Plus it does not appear to be pushing mail real time? Does anyone know how to correct these two issues?

Thanks in advance!

Phil
Yahoo is the only account that offers real time push at the moment. Also you might have to set your IMAP Path Prefix depending on how fastmail is setup. BTW this setting in under you mail account and advanced settings.

philhh

Bronze
Jul 30, 2007
Yahoo is the only account that offers real time push at the moment. Also you might have to set your IMAP Path Prefix depending on how fastmail is setup. BTW this setting in under you mail account and advanced settings.
Thanks guys! I'll reset it and see if this works.

How does one configure Yahoo mail settings? I think I originally set it up as POP but it almost seems like the iPhone changed it automatically? Suddenly all my subfolders appeared. I haven't been able to ascertain that it really pushed the email immediately however.

-Phil

philhh

Bronze
Jul 30, 2007
Hmmm didn't work...weird

So I deleted the Fastmail account and re-set it up in Mail on my Tower. I double checked that it was set up as iMap and tried it in Mail. The subfolders appear in the computer's Mail application, but don't appear on the iPhone...

Any thoughts?

-Phil

So I deleted the Fastmail account and re-set it up in Mail on my Tower. I double checked that it was set up as iMap and tried it in Mail. The subfolders appear in the computer's Mail application, but don't appear on the iPhone...

Any thoughts?

-Phil
If you look in your mail settings on the iPhone, go into "Advanced" and scroll to the bottom. Look for "IMAP Path Prefix" and enter the info.

Here's a tip for ya... on my server (or in Outlook) the folders are listed as Inbox.Folder, but I found that if I just entered INBOX (All Caps) it pulled it up fine.

Hope that helps! :)

philhh

Bronze
Jul 30, 2007
If you look in your mail settings on the iPhone, go into "Advanced" and scroll to the bottom. Look for "IMAP Path Prefix" and enter the info.

Here's a tip for ya... on my server (or in Outlook) the folders are listed as Inbox.Folder, but I found that if I just entered INBOX (All Caps) it pulled it up fine.

Beautiful! That did it. Thanks a bunch!

Jul 1, 2007

I am in the mail setting on the iPhone (chose settings form the main menu) but I cannot see the "Advanced" tab you refer to. Any ideas?

majmando90

Aug 7, 2007
AOL My eAddress

Huge dilemna.

I have both a regular AOL email and an My eAddress aol email.

Since I created my new eAddress aol forwards my emails from my old account to my new eAddress email. Great right? Not.

I have both accounts setup on my iPhone.

The regular aol email works perfect.

My eAddress aol doesn't.
I'm only able to receive the emails that are forwarded from my old account; not emails actually sent to my new one. Ice had to check my eAddress email on a computer to be able read/see emails.

Please help!

Huge dilemna.

I have both a regular AOL email and an My eAddress aol email.

Since I created my new eAddress aol forwards my emails from my old account to my new eAddress email. Great right? Not.

I have both accounts setup on my iPhone.

The regular aol email works perfect.

My eAddress aol doesn't.
I'm only able to receive the emails that are forwarded from my old account; not emails actually sent to my new one. Ice had to check my eAddress email on a computer to be able read/see emails.

Please help!

You might want to check out this page for all of the settings and make sure you've entered them correctly.

http://help.aol.com/help/search.do?...p--helpchannelsaolcom-kjumpadparticleId217449