IMEI 0049 Fix?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

wineshop

Oct 28, 2007
I have a bricked phone with the 0049 SIM error. I've tried some online fixes, but they all (that I have read) require the use of WIFI. My phone has WIFI disabled. I actually can't get past the iTunes icon, but using the emergency keypad I can get to my settings - WIFI is greyed out.

How else can I fix the SIM error? I'm also not interested in unlocking - I'm an AT&T user. My phone was simply bricked due to 3rd party programs. Now any attempt to restore the phone fails.

Ideas? I have a PC and a Mac, so I both platforms are available to me.

Thank you.

Stevonw

Silver
Sep 14, 2007
UK
I have a bricked phone with the 0049 SIM error. I've tried some online fixes, but they all (that I have read) require the use of WIFI. My phone has WIFI disabled. I actually can't get past the iTunes icon, but using the emergency keypad I can get to my settings - WIFI is greyed out.

How else can I fix the SIM error? I'm also not interested in unlocking - I'm an AT&T user. My phone was simply bricked due to 3rd party programs. Now any attempt to restore the phone fails.

Ideas? I have a PC and a Mac, so I both platforms are available to me.

Thank you.

I had this problem a while back when my baseband wipe quit half way through. i was left with no wifi and no calling etc.

I managed to get it back by putting the phone into restore mode (easiest way is on mac with iNdependence) then restore to v1.1.1 and jailbreakme.com ;) :D