iMessage Conversations: adding, deleting participants

Discussion in 'iOS 8' started by MrMike6by9, Oct 27, 2014.

1. MrMike6by9

MrMike6by9 Evangelist
    Gold

Has anyone discovered a way to add and/or delete participates in a conversation? I thought I remembered a suggestion that this feature would/could be available in iOS 8.

AdvTHANKSance

2. silvermoon

silvermoon Evangelist
    Gold

You just add more recipients in the message by clicking on the plus. If you have started a conversation with one participant, you can add another by pressing in the area with the names of the people in the conversation and hit the "+" to add more people and to delete a recipient, just remove their name from the list of recipients.

3. MrMike6by9

MrMike6by9 Evangelist
    Gold

Sorry to be dense but I'm not seeing in this example ...
    ImageUploadedByiCafe Forums1414451581.831519.jpg

In this case, it's an existing convo with Jon and I'd like to add his wife to the explanation I provided. Similarly, there're times when one should be dropped from the string of exchanges. That's my use case for this feature.

4. silvermoon

silvermoon Evangelist
    Gold

I have an option to tap on the plus next to the list of people in the message if I want to add or delete people.
    ImageUploadedByiCafe Forums1414461840.567785.jpg

You can't see the plus but it is in the text box with "To".

5. MrMike6by9

MrMike6by9 Evangelist
    Gold

That works for an existing group convo of 3 or more to add participants but it doesn't permit the addition with a 2-way convo nor is there a way drop 1 party for whom the remaining back-and-forth is no longer relevant.