iMessage delivery

Discussion in 'iPhone 5S' started by Noah8219, Apr 3, 2014.

1. Noah8219

Noah8219 New Member

Hey just wondered is there any way of telling (apart from a read receipt ) if an imessage sent to another iPhone user has been read ? Also if an imessage is delivered really quick (say in a second) does this mean the other person is using their phone ? Thanks Andrew

2. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

1. No.
    2. No. It can deliver it just as fast when it's in standby.

3. Ledsteplin

Ledsteplin Genius
    Gold

Europa got it!

4. MoneyMaker79

MoneyMaker79 Genius
    Gold

I wish there was someway to find out if an iPhone user picked their iPhone up and read the message besides clicking on it and exiting.

5. RoofMonkey

RoofMonkey Genius
    Gold

Keep messaging them with, Did you get it / read it yet? After a dozen or so, sent quickly, they usually reply. lol

6. Noah8219

Noah8219 New Member

I wish that too lol . iMessages are so useful but I sometimes don't believe they have been delivered so sometimes send again. One of my contacts in particular is very bad at replying and often I think sees the message and decides to reply later then forgets! iMessages seem to be delivered much faster these last few weeks. Is that due to the 4g upgrade in the uk ?

7. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

Yes, faster data will allow them to send quicker.

8. dmoskaluk

dmoskaluk Contributor
    Bronze

I have noticed that iMessage seems faster since doing the iOS 7.1 update ... I usually get 'delivered' and 'read' on messages I send, but I think something must be turned on at the recipients end to enable the 'read' to come up ....

9. RoofMonkey

RoofMonkey Genius
    Gold

Yes, they need to turn on the read receipt option in messaging.

10. dmoskaluk

dmoskaluk Contributor
    Bronze

The improvement with iMessage speed and reliability here in the tropics doesn't seem to be linked to available speed ( 3G vs 4G or LTE ..... At home and many other places I'm on Wifi, and the 4S's which my wife and I use are of course limited to 3G. What is sold as '4G' here is called 'H+' on many other phones , and is quite a bit slower than what is billed as 4G in Canada , but I'm simply glad for the recently snappier iMessage, which seems to have been the case since we did the 7.1 update on the phones and iPads .... The improvement is across the board, including the case when both phones are away from Wifi and are on 3G ......