iMessage delivery

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Noah8219

Jan 3, 2014
Liverpool uk
Hey just wondered is there any way of telling (apart from a read receipt ) if an imessage sent to another iPhone user has been read ? Also if an imessage is delivered really quick (say in a second) does this mean the other person is using their phone ? Thanks Andrew

Noah8219

Jan 3, 2014
Liverpool uk
I wish that too lol . iMessages are so useful but I sometimes don't believe they have been delivered so sometimes send again. One of my contacts in particular is very bad at replying and often I think sees the message and decides to reply later then forgets! iMessages seem to be delivered much faster these last few weeks. Is that due to the 4g upgrade in the uk ?

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
I wish that too lol . iMessages are so useful but I sometimes don't believe they have been delivered so sometimes send again. One of my contacts in particular is very bad at replying and often I think sees the message and decides to reply later then forgets! iMessages seem to be delivered much faster these last few weeks. Is that due to the 4g upgrade in the uk ?
Yes, faster data will allow them to send quicker.

dmoskaluk

Contributor
Bronze
Mar 22, 2013
Paynes Bay - Barbados
I have noticed that iMessage seems faster since doing the iOS 7.1 update ... I usually get 'delivered' and 'read' on messages I send, but I think something must be turned on at the recipients end to enable the 'read' to come up ....

RoofMonkey

Genius
Gold
Jun 21, 2010
Florida
I have noticed that iMessage seems faster since doing the iOS 7.1 update ... I usually get 'delivered' and 'read' on messages I send, but I think something must be turned on at the recipients end to enable the 'read' to come up ....
Yes, they need to turn on the read receipt option in messaging.

dmoskaluk

Contributor
Bronze
Mar 22, 2013
Paynes Bay - Barbados
Yes, faster data will allow them to send quicker.
The improvement with iMessage speed and reliability here in the tropics doesn't seem to be linked to available speed ( 3G vs 4G or LTE ..... At home and many other places I'm on Wifi, and the 4S's which my wife and I use are of course limited to 3G. What is sold as '4G' here is called 'H+' on many other phones , and is quite a bit slower than what is billed as 4G in Canada , but I'm simply glad for the recently snappier iMessage, which seems to have been the case since we did the 7.1 update on the phones and iPads .... The improvement is across the board, including the case when both phones are away from Wifi and are on 3G ......