iMessage Hacking

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

nolimit4

Jul 6, 2007
Me with a iPhone 4S and my wife with an iPad2 have experienced some unusual iMessage activity. While exchanges messages on Saturday, a 3rd party suddenly inserted messages (2times) that could be characterized as broken English and originating from outside the U.S. Looking back on our recent message thread, there were one or two other messages that we originated that contained garbled text. Has anyone else experienced any thing strange with iMessage? Should we be concerned with our experience? Are there any security precautions that we should take?

verwon

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 29, 2011
Seattle
Did either of you sell a device that had iMessage activated on it? This usually happens when someone does so and didn't restore the phone properly, or reinserted their sim, after the restore.

Sent from my iOS ecosystem!

nolimit4

Jul 6, 2007
Thank you for your reply! Right around the 4S release date, I traded in at Best Buy my original iPhone 1 that was sitting unused in a drawer for a couple of years. I also traded in the current iPhone 3GS that I was using. I had scrubbed the data from both iPhones using the data destruction routine in "settings". The sim was removed from the iPhone 1 when I bought the 3GS. When I did the trade in, the sim was pulled from the 3GS and given to me. That sim was not inserted in my 4S that I bought at an Apple store two weeks later. All this occurred weeks before my wife and I started texting each other via iMessage. I don't think your suggested answer is applicable. I do appreciate your interest in my problem. Thanks again! (BTW, the Best Buy trade-in was decent- $67 for my old iPhone 1 and $125 for the 3GS.)