iMessage not working since upgrading to iOS 8

bryan396

Oct 21, 2011
I upgraded to iOS8 and now my iMessage doesn't work. Any ideas? Shouldn't be a big deal because my 6 is coming tomorrow, but I still want to know.

chris

Administrator
Administrator
Jun 10, 2006
Long Island, NY
I upgraded to iOS8 and now my iMessage doesn't work. Any ideas? Shouldn't be a big deal because my 6 is coming tomorrow, but I still want to know.
I would try toggling iMessage off and on. That might fix it. We had someone earlier post a similar issue and it started working quickly thereafter. Is it not sending? What specifically is happening?

But hey, your iPhone 6 is coming, so goodbye iMessage problems!

silvermoon

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 17, 2013
Washington
I ran into a similar issue with iMessage. I was trying to send a message to a coworker and it is not sending because the number is a landline and I would have to text messages to this number as voice message for $0.25/msg and any standard messaging rates. When this happened, I thought this was kind of odd and one of my other coworkers was able to send the message with no issue. I'm not sure if this issue is related to the iOS 8 update or if it really is a landline.

bryan396

Oct 21, 2011
This is what happens when I try to text.
ImageUploadedByiCafe Forums1411089310.408634.jpg

Last edited: