iMessage problem

Sharunda

Genius
Gold
Jun 16, 2008
One Horse Town, New Jersey
Well she says she is on interne but not sure if wifi... But ye ill tell her to take off imessages and then put it back on

Sent from my iPhone 4s using iCafe app
You definitely need a WiFi signal for FaceTime. She can tell if she's on WiFi by the symbol on the left hand side top of the screen. The symbol has three little curves at the top instead of it saying 3G the symbol is in its place. This is located next to the carrier name.

Turning the iMessage off and then back on should fix her problem.

Let us know how it turns out.

Indy

Zealot
Gold
Jul 29, 2007
Just found this on the Apple support forums...may help you out. Of course I don't have a "Mac", so I don't understand 'tick' and 'unticking'

"If you still have problem with Imessages on your Mac.... i have just tried this go to Messages and then click on account... then untick your Imessages..... After that go back to Messages and account and tick your Imessages account it will ask you for your password (type your password) and that should wok.."

Rafagon

Genius
Gold
Dec 7, 2011
Miami, Florida
Just found this on the Apple support forums...may help you out. Of course I don't have a "Mac", so I don't understand 'tick' and 'unticking'
"Tick" is just another way to say "Check" or "Select". Ticking something just means to click on its checkbox to make the checkmark appear. Unticking is the opposite.

Sent from my alphanumeric pager.

Rafagon

Genius
Gold
Dec 7, 2011
Miami, Florida
Please help iMessage is not working on any of my devices how do I reset or fix it help
Just a reminder, you should make sure iMessage is enabled on your devices. Go to Settings > Messages and make sure it's on.

Also, make sure the person you're trying to send an iMessage to has a device that supports iMessages ;)

Sent from my alphanumeric pager.

Attachments

Girdler

Contributor
Bronze
Aug 1, 2012
It appears that iMessage(and iCloud) were experiencing issues yesterday. All issues have seem to be fixed.

Kobel1up

Contributor
Bronze
Mar 14, 2012
Eastern Ohio
I learned yesterday that I wasn't receiving text messages, more specifically iMessage. Lots of texts sent from my phone to my wife's that were not received and vice versa. I sent iMessage to others that I could see on my ipad and MBP but not on my phone.
1 I did a hard reset on both iPhones
Didn't work.
2 I did a reset of network on both phones
Didn't work
3 complete phone reset and restore
Didn't work
I'm at a loss at this point.
I really don't want to upgrade to the 5 when I could get the 5s this fall. I have insurance so I could get a replacement 4, but I like my phone.
I could jail break and maybe that would fix it.
Any help would be appreciated.

Sent using iCafe app

jmp316

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 10, 2008
Make sure iMessage is turned on? Settings > Messages > iMessage > On

Kobel1up

Contributor
Bronze
Mar 14, 2012
Eastern Ohio
Just a follow up. I took my phone to Verizon and they did a network update and that fixed my issue.

Sent using iCafe app

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
Never mind problem is back.
Try toggling iMessages off, resetting your network settings and then toggling iMessages back on. It can take an hour or so to start working again after toggling it off/on.

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
Weird. It doesn't make sense that this would be hardware. A restore to factory settings should fix it. Have you tried that?

Kobel1up

Contributor
Bronze
Mar 14, 2012
Eastern Ohio
I did. If I use my email with iMessage it works. Problem is not everyone I communicate with has iPhone or a smart phone. Since my wife isn't having the same problem then it can't be the service.

Sent using iCafe app

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
I did. If I use my email with iMessage it works. Problem is not everyone I communicate with has iPhone or a smart phone. Since my wife isn't having the same problem then it can't be the service.
Wait. Are you asking why messages sent from non-Apple devices don't come through as iMessages? iMessages is an Apple service. The messages have to come from an Apple device. Otherwise, they come through as texts.

Kobel1up

Contributor
Bronze
Mar 14, 2012
Eastern Ohio
I should have clarified this better. I can't receive iMessages from any iPhone. I can get some texts from non iPhones, but I really don't have a reliable person to do tests with. One thing I am positive is I can't get a text from an iPhone at all.

Sent using iCafe app