iMessage problem

jmp316

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 10, 2008
Do you have the send as SMS tab set to "on". Everything I'm reading in this thread sounds like a software issue, so it's odd that a restore didn't fix this... Are you sure the friends that are texting you have this "Send as SMS" tab on?
ImageUploadedByTapatalk 21366777509.020441.jpg

Kobel1up

Contributor
Bronze
Mar 14, 2012
Eastern Ohio
I would say they would have SMS on. I've not changed anything on my phone and the other people I've been texting for a year or more.

Sent using iCafe app

PinkBanana

Zealot
Gold
Feb 16, 2010
Burnley, UK
I did. If I use my email with iMessage it works. Problem is not everyone I communicate with has iPhone or a smart phone. Since my wife isn't having the same problem then it can't be the service.

Sent using iCafe app
My friend is having the same issues. She replies to an iMessage from me but it comes as being sent from her email and not her phone number. She is on vodafone in the UK. ( I am also in the UK but with o2). Yet my iMessages from me to her always go through. I have no other problems with any other friends with iPhones.

Kobel1up

Contributor
Bronze
Mar 14, 2012
Eastern Ohio
Ok talked to Apple tech. The fix was. Settings>messages>send and receive. Some how my phone number wasn't checked. Once I checked that I get text messages from iPhones again.

Sent using iCafe app

Mar 28, 2013
Thats happened to me before too! Its weird sometimes things just randomly turn off on my phone without me doing it. (Example iMessage) Not sure if its a glitch of some sort my phone has, I should probably take it to get checked out.

Kobel1up

Contributor
Bronze
Mar 14, 2012
Eastern Ohio
Thats happened to me before too! Its weird sometimes things just randomly turn off on my phone without me doing it. (Example iMessage) Not sure if its a glitch of some sort my phone has, I should probably take it to get checked out.
I wonder if my son had anything to do with it. Not your phone, just mine. Lol

Sent using iCafe app