iMessage still showing unread badge even after being read...

Discussion in 'iOS 8' started by kerriberri, Sep 28, 2014.

1. kerriberri

kerriberri Contributor
    Bronze

Not sure if this is an iOS 8 or iphone 6 issue, but thought I'd ask here first.

When I receive a text through iMessage on my iPhone 6 sometimes the unread badge count still shows even after reading the text and replying. I have to go back to the conversation as if I'm reading for the first time for it to go away. For instance, I was texting my daughter for several minutes without leaving iMessage, when I finally went back to the home page the badge showed I had 8 unread messages like I had never responded to any of them which I clearly did. It's done this a few different times over the last several days and only seems to be an issue with iMessage and not sms. Turning off iMessage didn't fix.

Suggestions for this? Has anyone else had this problem?

Sent using iCafe app

2. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

Open the Settings app and go to Notifications, then Messages and then Badge App Icon. Toggle it OFF and close settings. Reboot the phone and go to Notifications, then Messages and then Badge App Icon. Toggle it ON and then close settings. Post back it that doesn't work.

3. kerriberri

kerriberri Contributor
    Bronze

Ok, so I did this and right now it seems to have fixed it but I'll check back in tomorrow after I've sent and received more texts and see if the issue has been completely resolved. Thanks so much for your help :)

Sent using iCafe app

4. Jdsmitty10

Jdsmitty10 Member
    Bronze

I was having his problem as well. Tried the suggested fix. Now I need someone to text so I can see if it worked

Sent using iCafe app

5. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

You can text yourself when you need to do testing. You just have to make sure you close the app before the message goes through if you want a banner and badge.