iMessage to send as text will not revert to iMessage

Discussion in 'iPhone 6' started by PDACPA, Sep 30, 2014.

1. PDACPA

PDACPA Member
    Silver

I received a text message. Went to reply and I had the blue bubble and the red exclamation saying it was not sent. So I try again and it will not send (actually created a duplicate message). So I hit it again and select send as text message (green) and it sent.

Now every message in that group text is going as a "green" text message and not reverting to iMessage. I have turned off iMessage and back on, hard booted, etc. Nothing worked. Other messages are going and coming in as iMessage.

iPhone 6 + on 8.02

2. MoneyMaker79

MoneyMaker79 Genius
    Gold

From what I have seen it's not due to the phone or the operating software. I'm not sure of the reason but all I do is delete the text message of the person and restart the text message with the person and then it goes back to iMessage.

Sometimes just the connection in the same area that you've always been in just goes bad for a moment.

3. Keukawater

Keukawater Member
    Bronze

My friend had this exact problem. We were using group message and they should have been iMessages but they were going through green (as regular texts). I'm on an unlimited plan, but she's not, so it was a big problem for her. She spent 2 hours at Verizon and also spoke with Apple help on the phone at the Verizon store with their technician...nothing worked. The problem hasn't resolved yet. We were hoping it was a glitch, or something that would work itself out over time. For the sake of her text plan, we iMessage individually rather than in groups. Individual iMessages still seem to work fine.

4. MoneyMaker79

MoneyMaker79 Genius
    Gold

Were any of the other people in the group not using an iPhone? Or possibly their iMessage was not turned on.

5. Keukawater

Keukawater Member
    Bronze

There were 3 of us, all using iPhones (a 4s, a 5, and a 6). We all had iMessage turned on. I hadn't done the latest update, so they had me do that, thinking it might be on my end, but that didn't fix it. This happened Saturday evening. I was the iPhone 5 user. I received my 6+ yesterday but I haven't tried the group messaging yet to see if anything has changed. My friend noticed it as being a problem the day after got her iPhone 6.

6. PDACPA

PDACPA Member
    Silver

We were all on iPhones (6+ and one 5). Not sure of the OS on the 5.

7. Ledsteplin

Ledsteplin Genius
    Gold

Reset Network Settings in the Settings app usually fixes that. Go to Settings>General>Reset> Tap Reset Network Settings. You may need to enter your wifi passcode back in afterwards.

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5