iMessage with hiccups

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Coolbreeze66, Jan 10, 2012.

1. Coolbreeze66

Coolbreeze66 New Member

Does anyone else have issues getting iMessage to send as rapidly as a regular text to a non-iphone user? OFTEN, iMessage gets hung up at the very end of sending and then doesn't go, whereas texts go without a glitch at the same time and place. Full signal strength for both Internet and WiFi so that's not the problem. Sometimes it goes as it should and sometimes not, without any difference in settings or reception.
    Anyone?

2. whiteghost

whiteghost Member
    Bronze

As far as I was aware iMessage is for use between any Apple item? Ipod, iPhone etc Not between iPhone and any None Apple product !?!?

Would not think the powers that be "Apple" would let this happen :-(

3. Coolbreeze66

Coolbreeze66 New Member

By "text" I mean those I send to contacts w/o an iPhone. My point is that those (green) texts go through with no glitch whereas iMessages (blue - to other Apple ppl) get hung up at the end and don't go through, Do you follow me yet?

4. psylichon

psylichon Genius

So far as I can tell, iMessages "hang" like that until they are delivered on the other end. My messages to my wife at work go through slowly because she has no wifi there.

5. Coolbreeze66

Coolbreeze66 New Member

Well, many of them are ones my mother and I are sending to each other from our respective homes 12 houses apart, and we both have WiFi. One moment they'll get hung up and the next they'll speed right through from the same spot. That's why I call it a hiccup; it comes and goes without any noticeable cause.