iMessages, FaceTime waiting for activation

Discussion in 'iPhone 5S' started by bikerboy, Dec 15, 2013.

1. bikerboy

bikerboy Member
    Bronze

Okay here is the deal
    When i first opened the box and activated my phone i was in Kuwait , FaceTime and iMessage activated and was showing number , came to jordan , changed sim card , now iMessage and FaceTime are showing email address , tried to reactivate , restore network setting , turn them off and back on , restart phone , bla bla bla , it continue to say , waiting for activation and only show/send/ receive via email address and not phone number , what do i need to change / do to make this good ?
    best regards
    Thanks

2. Vonwachtstain

Vonwachtstain Member
    Bronze

Try to use it anyway. My iPhone 4 I gave been using for FaceTime is always stuck on waiting for activation but I can use it no problem

Sent using iCafe app

3. eXposeThyself

eXposeThyself New Member

I had the same problem. I reset the phone so that the phone can register the correct simcard from the beginning. (Pretend it's a new iPhone and go from there).

4. RolandSeh

RolandSeh New Member

Go to Appleid.apple.com and delete your old number you had. Then add the new number. Hope it helps.

Sent using iCafe app

5. luislahud

luislahud Member
    Bronze

On your device sign off iTunes account restart your phone by holding home botton and power botton at the same time till the Apple logo shows up and let go till restart again.sign back in your iTunes account and try to activate facetime and imessage again.
    Hope it works.

Sent using iCafe app

6. bikerboy

bikerboy Member
    Bronze

it doesn't let me add a jordanian number for some reason , tried + , 00, and neither , didn't let me add it .

7. Vonwachtstain

Vonwachtstain Member
    Bronze

Wait isn't FaceTime and iMessage disabled in Middle East countries ?

Sent using iCafe app

8. bikerboy

bikerboy Member
    Bronze

9. Vonwachtstain

Vonwachtstain Member
    Bronze

"five Middle Eastern countries are the only ones that do not support FaceTime. These are Jordan, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Egypt, and the United Arab Emirates"
    Kuwait appears not to be on the list.