iMob Online - New MMORPG for iPhone

patrickj

Genius
Gold
Sep 2, 2007
Austin, Tx
ipadinsight.com
Anyone else playing this yet? I started yesterday, still a novice but finding it a decent occasional distraction.

If you're playing and you want to join up, my friend code is:
Name is mr wolf

Here's part of the description for this game:

The first FREE online massively multi-player mob game for the iPhone and iPod Touch!

Start off as a small time street thug and work your way up to a iMob boss! Invite your friends to join your mob and run dangerous missions. Buy devastating weapons, exotic properties, and put millions in the bank. Rule the iPhone, silence your enemies, die with the most toys and win!

cdbformula

Bronze
Jan 6, 2008
i just joined and sent u an invite let me know if u received it.my code is 103768722

Eragon

Zealot
Gold
Jan 8, 2008
Frederick, MD
Great. Travian on the iPhone. As if the iPhone wasn't addictive, enough. Thanks a lot, Patrickj. I may have to try now!

patrickj

Genius
Gold
Sep 2, 2007
Austin, Tx
ipadinsight.com
Great. Travian on the iPhone. As if the iPhone wasn't addictive, enough. Thanks a lot, Patrickj. I may have to try now!
LOL - sorry - I played some Travian and I think this one won't compare to that - there's not as much to it I think - but it's fun anyway ...

cdbformula

Bronze
Jan 6, 2008
My name is cdbformula. U did accept. It it really slow right now

Eragon

Zealot
Gold
Jan 8, 2008
Frederick, MD
What is the difference between the online version free, and versions up to 20.00 in price? Respect points? Is this something you need? Can you buy points later?

patrickj

Genius
Gold
Sep 2, 2007
Austin, Tx
ipadinsight.com
What is the difference between the online version free, and versions up to 20.00 in price? Respect points? Is this something you need? Can you buy points later?
The free online one is the game itself, the rest are paid-for packs that get you respect points, as you've seen. I bought one ($0.99) pack near the outset. Since then, I've got up to Level 13, have 37 in my mob, and a fair little bit of money and property earning income etc - and have not felt the need to go back for more respect points. Probably at some stage that may prevent me from doing something (not sure what yet) - at that point I guess I'll decide if I like the game enough to spend any more ...

Eragon

Zealot
Gold
Jan 8, 2008
Frederick, MD
Here's my code:

I've already sent invited to the others in this thread.

SmartAlx

Zealot
Gold
Jun 7, 2007
Uh oh. Methinks this is going to be a spam thread. "Add me to your mob! Here is my number!" Can we please put those requests on another thread and keep this one dedicated to imob issues?

So, what is y'all's opinion of the game so far?

RossEM

Nov 4, 2008
does anyone know how to completely reset my game? I want to pick a different kind of character but everytime I do it, I can change my name but I still end up being a "hustler"

patrickj

Genius
Gold
Sep 2, 2007
Austin, Tx
ipadinsight.com
Uh oh. Methinks this is going to be a spam thread. "Add me to your mob! Here is my number!" Can we please put those requests on another thread and keep this one dedicated to imob issues?

So, what is y'all's opinion of the game so far?
Separate thread seems a good idea.

My opinion is that the game is OK when it works (not awesome) - but it is failing to work / cope with the load last few days for me - taking ages to connect, often bombing back to the home screen when trying to launch, an taking forever to get to the Fights screen in particular. Before that, I was starting to find it pretty fun.

Hopefully they're working on coping better ...

cdbformula

Bronze
Jan 6, 2008
on the download page they say they are trying to get the bugs worked out.

Jan 19, 2009
Whoever is watching....

add me.....

I have tried inviting a couple of you guys already... name on iMob is cbabchuk..... :cool:

v8chik

Jan 20, 2009
australia
this wud b good if i was actually sent an email with the password for the game forums so far an hour and still nothing when the game said a few minutes

proc

Jan 21, 2009
Name: PROC
Friend code: 115226595

:p