iMob Online...sucks?

AntonChigurh

Bronze
Jan 30, 2008
yes that game has been ruined by people that cheat.

WPeterson

Bronze
Dec 15, 2008
whatever, few online multiplayer RPG games on iPhone. we just need more such online games. offline games become more and more boring to me....

cdbformula

Bronze
Jan 6, 2008
i just started the game bt how are people cheating? imo it has its share of bugs but so far it seems like something i could enjoy playing as long as it has some good updates. but as i said i just started playing around 1 hour ago

AntonChigurh

Bronze
Jan 30, 2008
i just started the game bt how are people cheating? imo it has its share of bugs but so far it seems like something i could enjoy playing as long as it has some good updates. but as i said i just started playing around 1 hour ago
People are buying property then setting their iPhone clocks forward so a lot of money will accumulate.

cdbformula

Bronze
Jan 6, 2008
Man that sucks. When I downloaded the game there was a notice saying they were aware of cheaters and were fixing the problem

Eragon

Zealot
Gold
Jan 8, 2008
Frederick, MD
Apparently, there are a number of problems occurring with the servers and databases. Every time I launch the app, it crashes. I learned this information from a Tweet by the iMob developer.

When the game works, it is pretty neat. In the meantime, I am using the Facebook version of the app.

kjack05

Bronze
Oct 28, 2008
Texas
Well a new iPhone RPG game has been released to the jailbreak community since Apple taking so long to approve it, it is still considered a beta, but it is quiet functional and fun, but it has do with selling drugs, but it is still pretty fun, its called underworld. Check it out at www.a-steroids.com, the repo for it is there too

SmartAlx

Zealot
Gold
Jun 7, 2007
The developer was online late last night chatting with us. He has been up for 5 days straight during the launch and yesterday was a total nightmare for him. They have been working tirelessly to fix the server crashes. I think he fixed it because I'm back up and running.

We also discussed the cheaters. He can EASILY find out who cheated and he has many schemes in mind to dealing with the problem, including my favorite... in which there would be a special server dedicated to people who have cheated. He says that they won't even know that they are on the cheater server. I think that sounds very very fair. Anyone wants to cheat and have unlimited money can go play with everybody else who has cheated and has unlimited money. If someone wants off the cheater server they can reset their account.

Keep in mind that the game is brand brand new. This is the first live MMO for the iPhone. The iPhone itself was quite buggy when it came out. 2.0 firmware even moreso. imob is pretty cool if you get into it and it will only get better as time goes by. And you can't beat the price.

The problem I have with the game is pretty much "he who spams most wins." Essentially you have to get a big mob to be powerful. The people who have gigantic mobs all got their mobs by spamming the forums, other websites, or comments within the game. This will change the game focus from pulling jobs, taking out rivals and accumulating property to marketing your mob outside the game. I meant to discuss this with the developer, but we got into other things. Maybe I'll bring it up later on today.

Prasket

Jan 21, 2009
Oklahoma City, OK
Yes it was a great game and I had fun until I found out about all the cheating with the phone date etc. Then I think it is not good anymore. As a developer as well I can see how they would not have thought to check for this in the QA Process, I will add it into my process from now on however. I hope the developers can remedy this and the other issues and make it back into a great game.

SmartAlx

Zealot
Gold
Jun 7, 2007
They are fixing the cheaters. Probably putting them on a cheater server.

SmartAlx

Zealot
Gold
Jun 7, 2007
Yes, he was working on it at that time. I don't know what he was doing. Maybe hardware upgrades?

If you have any questions he's online now. I think he spends a lot of time chatting...

http://www.chatterous.com/imob/

Elbacanazo920

Bronze
Dec 23, 2007
Bronx, NY
I never really understood the game. All I know is that I tried to Pick a fight it wouldn't load so I Deleted it.

TJL7386

Bronze
Nov 14, 2008
Michigan
I enjoy the game for the most part, but I had a couple of questions. #1: Every time I try to fight someone it won't let me anyone else having this problem? #2: Since it is always adding cash when your not playing is there a drain on the battery?

eRohw

Jan 23, 2009
I recently added the app, and found it fun to play, after it failing to load a couple times one night, i gave up and waited till morning, and by that time it loaded, but i was sitting on 100 million?!? i read about cheating and i have not touched the date on my ipod, nor would i want to spoil it. Any Ideas?

SmartAlx

Zealot
Gold
Jun 7, 2007
I never really understood the game. All I know is that I tried to Pick a fight it wouldn't load so I Deleted it.
Sounds reasonable...

"They are fixing the program so I guess I'll delete it."
[/sarcasm]

Try it again. I'm sure it's working much better now.

They are working on all of the problems non-stop. Doing server upgrades, etc.

And no, earning cash won't drain your battery. Everything is run on THE SERVER. You only connect to the server.

Jan 26, 2009
help

hi SmartAlx, i was just wondering if you could give me the developer of imobs email because i bought the 400 respect points which cost £12, wasn't working so i deleted it to try downloading again but it has been deleted from the app store so just wanted to ask him if it was going to be back on there and if i would be able to download it again without paying. thanks

ddr6450

Jan 27, 2009
137763421 please add me up

137763421 please add me up