Import SIM Contacts! Finally!

hoits2000

Bronze
Mar 15, 2007
I just noticed that under Settings/Mail, Contacts, Calendars

Under Contacts there is a button to Import SIM Contacts!

Once activated you can put your old sim card in it, hopefully you saved all contacts to SIM on your other phone like I did, and then hit this button and bam. Put you new iPhone 3g sim in and you are good to go.

juzcallmeg0d

Bronze
Jun 13, 2008
im guessing this only works if your old sim card is from AT&T? or would it work with a t-mobile sim? (crosses fingers)

hoits2000

Bronze
Mar 15, 2007
im guessing this only works if your old sim card is from AT&T? or would it work with a t-mobile sim? (crosses fingers)
It might work, I know with a tmobile sim it says invalid sim, but you might be able to get contacts from it, someone would have to try.

juzcallmeg0d

Bronze
Jun 13, 2008
It might work, I know with a tmobile sim it says invalid sim, but you might be able to get contacts from it, someone would have to try.
ill be trying this when i get home and i have my sim ejecter :)

Owgasm

Bronze
Jul 12, 2008
How do you save all your contacts onto sim?
I can't seem to do that.
Also, how do you then back up the sim? I'm afraid of restoring or accidentally deleting everything and lose all my contacts. It took me along time to enter all the numbers and details and i'm still going at it.

hoits2000

Bronze
Mar 15, 2007
How do you save all your contacts onto sim?
I can't seem to do that.
Also, how do you then back up the sim? I'm afraid of restoring or accidentally deleting everything and lose all my contacts. It took me along time to enter all the numbers and details and i'm still going at it.
Well saving contacts to the sim has to be done on another phone.

I jsut sync my contacts with outlook and it adds all the ones I add to the phone over to outlook.