Important icon missing

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

tran_man

Sep 28, 2007
I searched around for an answer but I'm not sure the answers I found applied so I'm asking here. I installed AppSnapp today and have been playing around with it for the past couple of hours.

I installed a "Customize" app which allows me to re-arrange the icons. I tried to re-arrange some icons which somewhat worked. When I continued to re-arrange, I lost the "Installer" and Customize" icon, everything else is there. I know that I did not put them in the "Hidden" icon section.

How do I go about getting those icons back?

Griffinaz

Zealot
Gold
Oct 5, 2007
Phoenix, Arizona
I searched around for an answer but I'm not sure the answers I found applied so I'm asking here. I installed AppSnapp today and have been playing around with it for the past couple of hours.

I installed a "Customize" app which allows me to re-arrange the icons. I tried to re-arrange some icons which somewhat worked. When I continued to re-arrange, I lost the "Installer" and Customize" icon, everything else is there. I know that I did not put them in the "Hidden" icon section.

How do I go about getting those icons back?
If you are 1.0.2 you can get iBrickr and reinstall installer and see if that will replace the icon for you. iBrickr doesn't work well with 1.1.1.

termleech

Zealot
Gold
Sep 7, 2007
McPherson, KS
Did you check to make sure they didn't somehow get in the hidden section of the rSBT (which is inside Customize). You might also make sure that in rSBT it still says 16 icons and didn't reset itself to a lower number. I've had this happen to me a few times. The program has a few bugs.

tran_man

Sep 28, 2007
I am running 1.1.1. I only changed the order of the icons and I'm sure I didn't put it in the hidden icon section. I didn't change the numbers of icons so I've ruled those thingst out. I'm sure the software is just so buggy that the icon hid itself. I guess my only recourse is to revert back to my standard settings and redownload the software.

Morval

Bronze
Oct 23, 2007
Buffalo,NY
I am running 1.1.1. I only changed the order of the icons and I'm sure I didn't put it in the hidden icon section. I didn't change the numbers of icons so I've ruled those thingst out. I'm sure the software is just so buggy that the icon hid itself. I guess my only recourse is to revert back to my standard settings and redownload the software.
Try using the DOCK app... It gives u a little sun in the corner that u drag t choose any icon. U can download it from installer if u don't have it already

Hawk

Genius
Gold
Aug 2, 2007
ATL
If you are on 1.1.1, then look at the bottom of your home screen and see if there are 2 dots, one bright and one dim.
If so, then you have the expanded springboard active, and you just have to drag the screen to the left to get to the next section. It's a standard feature of 1.1.1- as far as i know.

tran_man

Sep 28, 2007
Unfortunately, the installer icon is missing along with the customize option. Neither of the icons are on any of my expanded springboard pages. Im just waiting to get home to reload my old settings unless someone can think of a solution. Thanks to everyone for your attempts to help so far!

termleech

Zealot
Gold
Sep 7, 2007
McPherson, KS
You can always SSH in to the phone (if you have SSH installed) and then start the Customize or Installer manually via the command line. That will pop the app up on the iPhone.