IMPORTANT TO 1.1.3 jb's

Aug 28, 2007
You should delete the file that iBrickr copies over to your iPhone its 300+ Mb. The file is at: ./var/root/media/softupdate

its a 300 mb file that the jailbreak put on your phone, it should fix the problem.. mine went from 909 MB to 411 MB :)

Aug 28, 2007
btw does anyone know how to get rid of the 411 mb of other haha

Lincoln

Gold
Aug 11, 2007
So I assume you did the act successfuly? I've heard more stories of failure than success.

- John

Goodlife08

Bronze
Jan 23, 2008
how do you delete this im not sure where it was saved at but need to delete it!

please be more helpful than ./var/root/media/softupdate lol don't know what that means

<--- newbie

Lincoln

Gold
Aug 11, 2007
how do you delete this im not sure where it was saved at but need to delete it!

please be more helpful than ./var/root/media/softupdate lol don't know what that means

<--- newbie
I know how you feel. I used to see file paths (/var/root/etc.) as gibberish.

In order to do the 1.13 jailbreak a file called softupdate is placed in your iPhone.

Every file on a phone, a computer,etc., has a file path. The softupdate's file path is /var/root/media/softupdate. To access the filesystem, you'll need SSH; a way to access the iPhone's filesystem.

To use SSH, you'll first need to download 'Open SSH' via Installer, and have it turned on. Then you'll need an SSH client from your computer: if you're using a Windows machine use this, if Mac, this.

Once you have that, you'll login via the program, find softupdate, and delete it.

- John

Aug 28, 2007
btw, when you install open SHH install the 1.1.3 fix

login for winscp is the wifi ip address on the iPhone(hit the arrow on the side of the network your connected to)

name is root and pass is alpine, leave the last bar empty and change it to SCP and login

Goodlife08

Bronze
Jan 23, 2008
thanks a lot yall and now do i use this program to get NES ROMs and the customize/summerboard apps in 1.1.3