impossible glitch?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

wjp09

Zealot
Gold
Feb 25, 2007
NJ
iknow this sounds weird and I am confused myself. My router is unhooked and my iPhone is still picking up the signal. Does the iPhone save the information and "pretend" to connect to a network? I know how routers work and i am not crazy. I also know that it is not another router with the same name. Iknow this because i need to enter my password which is NOT common. Any thoughts?

T Mac5b

Jun 30, 2007
If you stop the connection manually, the iPhone takes a few minutes to recognize that it no longer is connected to wifi, so it takes the symbol a few minutes to change. At least that's what my iPhone is like.

wjp09

Zealot
Gold
Feb 25, 2007
NJ
I know but what I'm saying is the router shows up under wifi connections but the router is unhooked

T Mac5b

Jun 30, 2007
If it is still on but not online, it is probably still sending a signal, just not connecting to the internet.

wjp09

Zealot
Gold
Feb 25, 2007
NJ
HA When I said UNHOOKED I meant completely from the wall nothing was connected to it. The ghost of linksys past

veedubcos

Bronze
Jul 6, 2007
HA When I said UNHOOKED I meant completely from the wall nothing was connected to it. The ghost of linksys past
maybe there is another linksys wireless router nearby..maybe your neighbors that you are picking up?

DeadSpider

Bronze
Jul 1, 2007
Vacherie,Louisiana
Just tested this with D-Link DGL4300. As soon as I pulled the
plug [power to router] within a few seconds I lost wifi and it
went straight to Edge. When I rehooked the power [power to router]
within10 seconds or so I was back on my wifi.

justahsquirrel

Silver
Jun 7, 2007
Queens, NY
I know but what I'm saying is the router shows up under wifi connections but the router is unhooked[/quote

if your refering to unplugging the router from the broadband...well the router still broadcast a signal weather it has an internet connection or not. ...same at work. sometimes the dsl goes down at work but im still connected to the router....total bs from verizon.

wjp09

Zealot
Gold
Feb 25, 2007
NJ
I wish people would read instead of blindly posting. There was NO POWER going to the router. It was unhooked completely. Power out, cables out etc.

wjp09

Zealot
Gold
Feb 25, 2007
NJ
That post wasn't directed at everyone, only to those who kept asking the same question after it was answered. I appreciate you guys trying to troubleshoot with me, The cable guy came back today and brought a brand new modem. I let my battery die on my phone or come close to it then did the reset. Now its all fine and dandy however, Im getting a can't connect to server messege? I put a video up in my sig check it out?