Improved battery life in iOS 6.1

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Prozium12

Contributor
Bronze
Jan 22, 2012
Uk,Manchester
Since the last iOS 6.1 update my battery life has gone back to normal and I've noticed the same on my ipad2 that's better as well.. Anyone else got better battery life.

Sent using iCafe app

flatbacks21

Bronze
Sep 21, 2010
Ohio
I am curious as to what others get on a solid days use of their iPhone 5. On average, I am getting roughly 7hours and 30min per charge. Is that good? I have wifi at home and when on the road keep the phone connected via 4g since the lte is very sporadic in my area. Just looking to hear what others are getting. I wish I can get more out of it, but if I turn off all the bells and whistles what's the sense of having this powerful phone when I have to have it all turned off.

Sent using iCafe app

Get_Zwole

Bronze
Jun 20, 2009
Oklahoma City
I don't use crazy heavy but when I plug in the charger at night it's normally 4.5 ish hours of use and 9 hours standby and normally I'm at 45% or so. I'm super stoked about the batter life my htc with this much use would be dead an hour before I get off work. I would say two of the hours of use is just pandora and not much else to be fair. But even so still way better then what I'm used to.

Sent using iCafe app

flatbacks21

Bronze
Sep 21, 2010
Ohio
You would think in this day and age they would've came up with a battery that can easily make 10hours regardless how one would use the device. C'mon Apple, time to step it up! Lol!

Sent using iCafe app

Jun 12, 2013
Stop using the Internet and just use your phone for music. Your battery life will magically quadruple.
If I needed an Apple device just for music, I wouldn't have spend so much on an iPhone when there are lots of options.

Sent using iCafe app

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
You would think in this day and age they would've came up with a battery that can easily make 10hours regardless how one would use the device. C'mon Apple, time to step it up! Lol!
They can give us a bigger battery, but it will add size and weight and Apple really values one-handed usage of their phone. The technology just isn't there yet for a battery that lasts twice as long but is the same size. There aren't any competing smart phones with batteries that last much longer. Most don't last as long.

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
I hardly stream music and usually use my phones music. That's not the culprit
Internet and games are the biggest battery drains. Music is probably the smallest. The cell signal itself will drain it to nothing in a few days in standby. If your battery is only lasting four hours while listening to music, you need to do some troubleshooting and possibly get a replacement.

Iloveiphones

Genius
Platinum
Aug 5, 2010
chatsocially.com
Internet and games are the biggest battery drains. Music is probably the smallest. The cell signal itself will drain it to nothing in a few days in standby. If your battery is only lasting four hours while listening to music, you need to do some troubleshooting and possibly get a replacement.
It depletes under 4 hours with completely on wifi, with no problem.

It should last more then 4 hours with Internet browsing and light gaming? I got 8 hours when I first got it.

RoofMonkey

Genius
Gold
Jun 21, 2010
Florida
Not trying to sound rude, but what are we supposed to use our iPhones for? Only music?
Ummm a Phone maybe? LOL JK
The best I've gotten on my 5 was a little over 8 hours. That's with HEAVY Internet use ( eiC, twitter, Facebook - which is a battery killer!)
But, my phone is less than 3 months old. But I've been now averaging 7hrs on a good day.

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
Not trying to sound rude, but what are we supposed to use our iPhones for? Only music?
Just to be clear - what I said about music earlier was intended as a joke. Carrying a charger is your best bet because the technology for a battery that's the same size but will double your Internet usage time just isn't there yet. There isn't room for a bigger battery without making the phone bigger. And bigger screens require bigger batteries to power them, so we'd be back at square one as far as usage time if they made a bigger version of the iPhone.

I use the Internet all day on my phone. I top the battery off several times a day and carry a small portable charger in my purse. A little more than 5 hours of heavy usage (cellular Internet and intense games) is as good as it gets for a smart phone. If you are using it lightly (music) and it's draining that fast you'll need to do some troubleshooting. I'd do a factory restore.