In A Perfect World...

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Norwest

Bronze
Jul 23, 2007
... we would wake up tomorrow morning to find that exactly 30 days from it's initial release date of June 30th, Apple has posted a software upgrade on July 30th

Of course, that's very wishful thinking.

If it does happen then I'm a wizard... :laugh2: ... and I would expect you all to bow down and pay tribute.

I accept cash...

Sleeper

Bronze
Jul 21, 2007
Apple will definitely release a firmware update. That goes without saying.

However, I suspect they won't do so for a month or two until all minor bugs, user issues, etc have been identified, analysed and prioritised. Once this has been done they will release an update that will address all the relatively easy to fix stuff with further updates for the parts that require a wee bit more work.

Sleeper

Bronze
Jul 21, 2007
Nokia have released two firmware updates for the N95 since I've owned it. Neither were particularly pre-announced.

Just because there isn't a fanfare and a parade doesn't mean that nothing is being done.

Alexander

Zealot
Gold
Jun 28, 2007
Atlanta
There is just as many speculations claiming the update around the corner as there are speculations the update isn't being released until Leopard. We have no way of knowing really, so my only advice is to wait it out.

If you are indeed correct, more power to you. :cool:

kwt

Bronze
Jul 8, 2007
Chicago 'Burbs
www.v6challenge.com
... we would wake up tomorrow morning to find that exactly 30 days from it's initial release date of June 30th, Apple has posted a software upgrade on July 30th

Of course, that's very wishful thinking.

If it does happen then I'm a wizard... :laugh2: ... and I would expect you all to down and pay tribute.

I accept cash...

This was one of the best "Updates Coming" posts.

You actually made me laugh. :cool:

Thanks.

Norwest

Bronze
Jul 23, 2007
That was supposed to read "bow down and pay tribute". I need a proof reader. :)

People were saying this 3 weeks ago. Apple has yet to release any information claiming such an update is even in the making.
But, they never do.
Actually, Apple has mentioned that there will be software updates for the iPhone. With a gaggle of developers I'd find it hard to think that some iPhone software is not "in the making". Release dates are another story of course.

I would also think whatever additional applications or features we'd see released first (whenever) were already being developed before the hardware release date. It wouldn't be an afterthought, this would have started before you got your iPhone. If just on a small scale with a minimum of developers.

Apple CFO Peter Oppenheimer said that Apple plans to roll out "new software features and entirely new applications" for the iPhone over time and will keep the early adopters of the iPhone happy, expecting that they will be the best way to spread the word about the new consumer device.

"We hope the result will be to surprise and delight our iPhone customers," Oppenheimer told analysts and journalists on the call. In typical Apple fashion, however, the CFO did not provide any details on possible features.
Google is a wonderful thing.

60-90 days is not a heck of a long time to wait for what probably will be great additions to the iPhone. You gotta have faith... however...

If they go much longer than that I will personally be pissed. :)

ahduke99

Bronze
Jul 21, 2007
Charleston aka Chucktown, SC
right. Apple said they want to please users with updates to both the iPhone and Apple tv. te youtube update was the first update to the Apple tv that was to please users. it took Apple 3 months to release an update to Apple tv.

pcar993

Bronze
Jul 2, 2007
take it from someone who ran a software development lab. you don't want a 3 week update! Let them do the development, properly test it and deploy it. I like the 3 month update. Now bear in mind that the iPhone code was probably locked down a good month prior to manufacturing and release. So waiting 2-3 months is about right. Cutting it significantly shorter than that will open up possible regressions that would not be a step forward...

Be patient and wait.

ColsTiger

Zealot
Gold
Mar 8, 2007
Columbus, GA
Look for something in October/November around the same time of the Leopard release.

I know that Apple is currently working on an upgrade to iTunes to offer more features and better syncing.

Norwest

Bronze
Jul 23, 2007
I am a wizard ... WORSHIP ME!:)

...we would wake up tomorrow morning to find that exactly 30 days from it's initial release date of June 30th, Apple has posted a software upgrade on July 30th..

Ok, I missed by a day...:sick:... wizard in training...