In & Around Boston

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
Jun 5, 2007
Just planning ahead here like all of the other posts-- around boston MA theres dedham which is a company owned store... who else plans on camping out in boston and what time so we arent surprised with lines when we get tehre

ArtGuy

Bronze
Jun 4, 2007
Beantown, USA
dude, I'll be somewhere!

I'm in Quincy, and haven't decided whether to try Needham/Dedham Cingular store - or Randolph. Where are you thinking of going? I'm on summer vaca as of the 15th, so camping is no problem here. (although my wife will think I'm tapped- good thing I'm getting her one too!) :sick:

ArtGuy

Bronze
Jun 4, 2007
Beantown, USA
Just me (wife definitely won't camp if required) so we should be good. I think it will be busier in downtown stores and Apple stores more so than the 'burbs. I had a nice chat with the Needham store manager yesterday. He doesn't expect an insane rush at his store - so that makes it even more attractive! Plus there's a Krispy Kreme less than a block away! Breakfast then iPhone - perfect!

ArtGuy

Bronze
Jun 4, 2007
Beantown, USA
mmmmmm donuts!

Yup. I can't think of a better way to kick off my new cell service and phone. A nice kreme flavored iced coffee will cap it off perfectly! :laugh2:

ArtGuy

Bronze
Jun 4, 2007
Beantown, USA
ATT owned - and it's the same one!

Dedham/Needham are one and the same. For some reason they list the location as Needham on the website - but it sure seems to me that it's in Dedham. But then again - corporate websites never seem to get location sof stores quite right! And after I pick up the phones - I can go to Costco and harass the cellphone guys in their little booth! (of course I would never do such a thing! - he he he)

Kurt

ArtGuy

Bronze
Jun 4, 2007
Beantown, USA
early, of course!

Well I live in beautiful North Quincy - so I haven't decided between Dedham and/or Randolph. My thinking is Randolph might be just as crazy as any other store - but Bill at the Dedham store was really nice on the phone yesterday. Since I'm buying 2 phones, I figure he deserves whatever commission he gets for helping answer my questions.

So as of now it looks like Dedham around 7AM. ( I'm up at 5:30 every morning for school/work, so I have no problem getting there early. I really don't think there will be people camping. But it might be covered by Fox25 since they are close by!

What's your plan?

ArtGuy

Bronze
Jun 4, 2007
Beantown, USA
Me too!

I can see it now.

me: Hi honey I'm home with the new phone.
she: "did you say PHONE?"
me: "Uh, yes dear. They only had one in the joint!"
she: "So I guess you'll just have to wait for yours!"
me: "uhhhh, uhhhhhhhhh"

Man I hope they have enough for all of us! :laugh2:

ArtGuy

Bronze
Jun 4, 2007
Beantown, USA
Let's just hope...

there aren't a ton of "less informed" people out there who think that they shall swoop down upon their local ATTingular Store™ and grab 'em all up while we watch in horror!

OK I'm blowing it way out of proportion - but I have to admit, part of me thinks it will be INSANE - and the other says - meh, it's a Friday in June and working stiffs (unlike myself) will be too busy working to hang out at a cellphone store at opening time.

But man isn't this just too much fun!?

I mean, I'm going to Disneyland in 2 weeks and I'm more excited about the damn phone! Bummer I won't be able to watch a movie or two while in flight. But I have my trusty Cowon A2 to hold me over!