Swagger

Gold
Jul 9, 2007
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
web.me.com
I turned my sound up to full when im in call
but it still sounds abnormally quiet?
am i totally missing something?
Sorry to say but welcome to iPhone. This has been a problem with iPhone since day one. Make sure your volume toggle switch (on left side of phone) is turned all the way up. Other than that not much can be done. I don't even use my iPhone as a phone because of the low volume issue. I have "Crazy" rollover minutes...Mark

llrickman

Contributor
Silver
Jan 12, 2008
Albuquerque , NM
i don't have as much of an issue with the sound being low when using the phone as i do with it being much quieter on bluetooth.

I can use the same bluetooth on my iPhone and my work phone and its always much louder on the work phone no matter which bluetooth of mine i use

Tug

Silver
Aug 4, 2008
Sorry to hear your having a problem with your volume and wish I could offer some better advice but if it's that low perhaps you might want to take it back to the Apple store and ask them what the problem is.

Saverino

Zealot
Gold
Jun 1, 2008
Burbank
My iPhone's sound while in a call isn't the best I've had on a phone, but it's not that bad. Maybe there's an issue with yours? I can hear relatively well in loud areas.

connie

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 11, 2007
So Cal
I noticed some sounds or ringtones are louder than others, you might want to try changing to another and see if that helps.

When I first got my V1 I had to take it to Apple Store because I could hardly hear ANY ringtone and they compared it with the same ringtone on one of their iPhones, it was significantly louder and they said something was wrong with my speaker and exchanged it. If yours is that bad you might try comparing it to the ones at the Apple or AT&T store.

jaibee

Dec 28, 2008
The speakers for ringtones and music seem to be fine just when im in a call, and if i try to solve some problem it seem when im connect to a homephone line that its abnormally quiet. But thanks a lot people for the advice :)

Nov 14, 2008
Cairo, Egypt.
Yup, that was a problem with my iPhone 3G too; it had a low call voice but I could still hear the people I'm talking to just fine. Although I am sure in the long term I wasn't going to be able to hear them fine lol.

@Connie, both you and your white iPhone 3G look beautiful.