In call volume to low

i_chillin

Bronze
Jun 24, 2009
San Diego
Is it me or is the volume not very loud during a call. I have the thing maxed out and its still hard to hear. Are there any other settings I'm over looking to make the in call volume louder?

Jun 28, 2009
I have the same problem. volume turned all the way up and Its still not loud enough. I hope some one has a fix for this.

termleech

Zealot
Gold
Sep 7, 2007
McPherson, KS
Are you sure you have the phone volume up? The only way to increase the phone volume is to hit the up button on the volume while IN a call. Otherwise it's only doing the ringer or the volume for the speakers for the ipod.

i_chillin

Bronze
Jun 24, 2009
San Diego
Are you sure you have the phone volume up? The only way to increase the phone volume is to hit the up button on the volume while IN a call. Otherwise it's only doing the ringer or the volume for the speakers for the ipod.
Yup, turned it all the way up during a call and still hard to hear.

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
Is there any ambient noise? Do you have any hearing loss?
If it's hard to hear at max volume, there might be a problem. Although it's far from the loudest phone available, but it shouldn't be quiet at the max level. I'd take it in to Apple for a replacement.

HUNTER1

Bronze
May 28, 2009
I think these phones volume are just naturally low, eve with the 3g.

Get_Zwole

Bronze
Jun 20, 2009
Oklahoma City
my v1 was crazy quiet i could barely hear. My 3gs is definitely not the loudest phone but i don't have a problem hearing it at all.

bls8195

Bronze
Apr 23, 2008
Texas City, TX
I know what you guys mean I just went from a Blackberry Storm and could hear just fine, now seems like the 3Gs is a bit quiter, well a lot quiter.

i_chillin

Bronze
Jun 24, 2009
San Diego
Yeah, I came form a Storm too and it was a bit louder, but good that Storm was a pile of sh!t.

RPMSTL

Bronze
Jun 22, 2009
I agree that the volume could be louder. With ambient noise, I always find myself trying to turn it up.

I miss the old cell phones that were so almost too loud.

Of course, that could explain why I can't hear the iPhone.

Just got rid of the Sprint Instinct, nowhere near loud enough for me.