In car new iPod touch/iPhone 3G adapter!

aborson

Sep 16, 2008
Hi guys just to let you know i have got both of these products and currently have an alpine system with the KCE-422i system in place. Now im sure as you may notice if you have a similar system the new ipods and iPhone wont play and charge at the same time.

and Alpine are still in decision in not knowing what to do.

Well here is the answer.

http://www.scosche.com/passport

Thanks

iconone

Zealot
Gold
Apr 8, 2008
Clear Lake Texas
So does this just let you charge your iPhone through your iPod cable? I have a jvc avx 800 screen with the iPod adapter but it won't let me play my iPhone. I want to use pandora while I drive.

Hoshtaylor

Bronze
Wow ! This is perfect...I think ?

I have an 08 Infiniti M35 w/ a built in iPod cable/integration.

It plays and charges my 5th generation ipod, but when I plug in my iPhone there is a message that comes up on the screen of the phone that says something about the cable not supporting the charging of the phone.

I can play music through it though.

Is this the fix that I'm looking for...?

aborson

Sep 16, 2008
Yes this is perfect because the current ipod adapters all have pins which work with the already released ipods. According to Alpine there is a pin missing for the new iPhone and ipod touch, a 5v pin which now charges the ipod/iPhone.

When i spoke to them yesterday they said there was no solution not even for anyone. They would have to make an addtional adapter like what the passport is. Seems like the major car aduio manufacturers have been left behind.

So this is what u need.

I spoke to Scosche last night they said for the US they have shipped over 10,000 units across to Apple for release about 10th October. I also found out that Apple Europe should have these as well as this is a major product. That everyone would need.

So watch out for it in October @ Apple

I have a alpine unit with the kce-422i so this is exactrly what i need.

Jun 16, 2008
Tinley Park, IL
what's the cost? There is another company out there making the same thing for $40. I have the link on my pc and not my phone, which I'm on, so I don't have the company name right now.

aborson

Sep 16, 2008
Hi i see it being priced at $29.99 can you send me the other link please or post it on here.

Hoshtaylor

Bronze
what's the cost? There is another company out there making the same thing for $40. I have the link on my pc and not my phone, which I'm on, so I don't have the company name right now.

Let me know what the link is please...I'll pay the extra $10 to get it now...

Aug 21, 2008
I also need to get one of these I'd like to hear you you guys like them when you get it

Hoshtaylor

Bronze
Just got it last night...it came from overseas...I guess that's what took so long.

It works perfect...sounds good and charges too. Gave me an error message though when I plugged it in. Not the same message as before with the regular car adapter though. It said something like "this accessory was not meant to be used w/ the iPhone," etc and asked if I wanted to turn the phone to airplane mode to decrease the chance of interference.

I just said "no" and it worked fine.

I also noticed when I was unplugging it, that there is also a USB slot on the side which I assume would be for charging...the small end of the USB like on a Motorola phone. I have no use for it anymore, but could be useful...thought that was kind of cool...or an idea that just popped into my head would be maybe you could hook your camera up to it or something...? Not sure...just a thought...

Just wanted to update some of you who were waiting to hear back...

f451

Oct 10, 2009
Will the adapter also work with the 3GS?