In China with the iPhone

tennsc

Jun 11, 2007
I'm in China with the iPhone and i can get a edge signal and regular phone cell signal. I currently have the phone in airplane mode for fear of inadvertently opening on the weather or maps and then mortgaging my house to pay for the DL. :)

Anyone know how much the price differnce is to use data overseas versus the us. I think att's rate here (in chna) is $.0197/kb dl.

Thanks

spacerog

Bronze
Jun 11, 2007
www.spacerogue.net
Anyone know how much the price differnce is to use data overseas versus the us. I think att's rate here (in chna) is $.0197/kb dl.
Well, the price in the US is FREE since all iPhone plans come with unlimited data. That makes the differeance in price .0197/KB.

- SR

wjp09

Zealot
Gold
Feb 25, 2007
NJ
Get ready to pay some SERIOUS roaming charges. I think it costs a ton to use it out of Country and THEN you need to pay for out of country service for I believe 90 Days after your last OUC call.

robhon

Silver
Mar 17, 2007
I also believe you have to register with ATT before you go to a different country so that your calls get forwarded there. And then you pay some ungodly amount for the calls. Like 30 cents/min.

That's why I want the iPhone unlocked! :mad:

tennsc

Jun 11, 2007
I also believe you have to register with ATT before you go to a different country so that your calls get forwarded there. And then you pay some ungodly amount for the calls. Like 30 cents/min.

That's why I want the iPhone unlocked! :mad:
Funny thing is when I landed in Hong Kong. I turned off airplane mode and got a signal and even received a call. I didn't answer. whew.. from what i understand roaming in HK is 1.99/min and .50 for sending texts and .5 cents to receive texts. I'm still confused on data. I don't know what 0.0197/kb is equivalent to. it equivalent to opening espn front page? I have no reference.