In China with the iPhone

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

tennsc

Jun 11, 2007
I'm in China with the iPhone and i can get a edge signal and regular phone cell signal. I currently have the phone in airplane mode for fear of inadvertently opening on the weather or maps and then mortgaging my house to pay for the DL. :)

Anyone know how much the price differnce is to use data overseas versus the us. I think att's rate here (in chna) is $.0197/kb dl.

Thanks

wjp09

Zealot
Gold
Feb 25, 2007
NJ
Get ready to pay some SERIOUS roaming charges. I think it costs a ton to use it out of Country and THEN you need to pay for out of country service for I believe 90 Days after your last OUC call.

robhon

Silver
Mar 17, 2007
I also believe you have to register with ATT before you go to a different country so that your calls get forwarded there. And then you pay some ungodly amount for the calls. Like 30 cents/min.

That's why I want the iPhone unlocked! :mad:

tennsc

Jun 11, 2007
I also believe you have to register with ATT before you go to a different country so that your calls get forwarded there. And then you pay some ungodly amount for the calls. Like 30 cents/min.

That's why I want the iPhone unlocked! :mad:
Funny thing is when I landed in Hong Kong. I turned off airplane mode and got a signal and even received a call. I didn't answer. whew.. from what i understand roaming in HK is 1.99/min and .50 for sending texts and .5 cents to receive texts. I'm still confused on data. I don't know what 0.0197/kb is equivalent to. it equivalent to opening espn front page? I have no reference.