"In-Line" Thread

iJohn

Bronze
Jun 21, 2007
Long Island, NY
johnburke.tumblr.com
Hey, I've seen a lot of posts about people getting on line.

Post where you are, how many people are in line with you, etc. This could be interesting.

Good luck everyone.

Ranged30

Bronze
Jun 13, 2007
Colorado Springs, CO 7 people

RchGrav

Bronze
Jun 8, 2007
I am #1 in line at the Atlantic City, NJ Apple Store, Which is part of The Pier @ Ceasars. Ok, Ok, I need to admit, even though I am #1 in line, and its pouring down rain on the boardward where the people need to stand, I am actually in bed, warm under my covers. I am paying a line waiter to wait for me, I'll go over around 3:00pm or 4:00pm. I decided to do this just in case I have an emergency call since I am on call 24 hours, I'm taking the safe route.

brinox

Bronze
Apr 30, 2007
lawrence, ks. 3 people here before me, nobody 'officially' in line.

3dg

Bronze
Jun 8, 2007
There seems to be lines all over now. It will only get worse. On a positive note, the lines are only handfuls of people. So, time will tell.

STNLESS

Bronze
Jun 20, 2007
Palisades Mall

Nyack, NY Apple Store in Palisades Mall. #1 in line, #2 is the spot I am holding for my fiance, #3 is a guy named Luey - currently getting us food and coffee! Yay!

Jun 14, 2007
Jersey, Woodcliff Lake..... It's a happy family here.... No line waiters just yet...

Apple Store of course....

weathaman

Jun 29, 2007
I am going to the AT&T store at 2pm in Hagerstown, MD to check things out. I don't know what to expect.

meyer1son

Jun 21, 2007
Stockton, CA 3 AT&T stores 4 people at first store, 6 second, and third store 2!

weathaman

Jun 29, 2007
2am here on the East Coast. Only 16 Hours to go.

Mar 31, 2007
Beverly Hills Cingular....

BEVERLY HILLS baby!....and there's already 10 people at 10pm....crazy!....

Jun 29, 2007
WOW 10 people already...I guess I better be prepared for craziness at the grove......*sigh*

mlass

Silver
Jun 19, 2007
Irving, TX (Beltline and 183) Number 4 and 5 in line. iWaiting for iPhone.

Mar 31, 2007
WOW 10 people already...I guess I better be prepared for craziness at the grove......*sigh*
Yeah and we went to Beverly Hills b/c the one on Beverly by the Beverly Center had 13 people and they created a "list" which had 33 people on it....people are going to start fighting soon....

rose

Bronze
Jun 22, 2007
Baltimore, MD
I am going to the AT&T store at 2pm in Hagerstown, MD to check things out. I don't know what to expect.
You are the only person I have seen from Maryland. I'm going to the Columbia Mall around 11 to see what the deal is... I hope to God that there is no one in line, because I hate waiting in lines..

JOLLYWOG

Bronze
Jun 24, 2007
You are the only person I have seen from Maryland. I'm going to the Columbia Mall around 11 to see what the deal is... I hope to God that there is no one in line, because I hate waiting in lines..
I'm also in MD. I had the same thought about going to the Apple Store at the Columbia Mall but I have this bad feeling that its gonna be freakin' packed. Can you send a report on what the lines are like over there?

You might have a better shot at the AT&T store in the Mall over by the carousel. They just opened up a new one there and I already confirmed that they'll have phones today. Damn, I hope I didn't just tip off a whole bunch of people.

Good luck!

STNLESS

Bronze
Jun 20, 2007
We have 2 people here from NYC - They didn't want to wait at 5th ave or SoHo. We now have total of 4 at Palisades mall.... oops... now 5, another one now from NJ just came.

thedwp

Bronze
Jun 24, 2007
Well, to my surprise I rolled up to the mall at 4:15a only to find 2 guys had been there since 4. I'M NUMBER 3! 8G here I come! The security let us inside the mall at 5a, just as our local news station pulled up. The 2 Apple employees who spent the night greeted us with smiles, yet seemed a bit bummed that there were only 3 of us. It's now 5:15 the line has grown to 5 and I'm sitting comfortably in my chair, cooler by my side, laptop with full bars surfing the Apple wifi.

LIFE IS GOOD! :laugh2::laugh2:

Saiko

Bronze
Jun 3, 2007
Well, to my surprise I rolled up to the mall at 4:15a only to find 2 guys had been there since 4. I'M NUMBER 3! 8G here I come! The security let us inside the mall at 5a, just as our local news station pulled up. The 2 Apple employees who spent the night greeted us with smiles, yet seemed a bit bummed that there were only 3 of us. It's now 5:15 the line has grown to 5 and I'm sitting comfortably in my chair, cooler by my side, laptop with full bars surfing the Apple wifi.

LIFE IS GOOD! :laugh2::laugh2:
Haha, I'm in the same position too, chillin outside though. cooler with redbull and water right next to me.. lawn chair.. my powerbook. ;) 4th in line.

iPhone line waiters at around 9pm last night. I'm #4 in line.