"In-Line" Thread

RevRoy

Bronze
Jun 14, 2007
rhproductions and I are at the mount Juliet AT&T unofficially 2&3 as we are sitting in the Panera watching the line from inside the airconditioning and using the wifi in Panera.:cool:

no pain

Jun 23, 2007
suburbs of detroit

Waiting in line at sommerset mall, in troy michigan. arrived at 5:30am and i was the 18th person in line. it is now around 10:45am and there are around 75 people in line. there are 3 Apple stores in michigan.

JOLLYWOG

Bronze
Jun 24, 2007
have you been to Annapolis mall Apple store any idea on lines?

their is also a kiosk in the mall plus a AT&T store 3 min away from mall
I have no idea what's going on with the line. I was just speculating. Didn't mean to scare the crap out of you.

Not sure the kiosk would have iPhones. Sounds like it wouldn't be a company owned one. You might want to try and verify.

spacerog

Bronze
Jun 11, 2007
www.spacerogue.net
Can anyone update on the NYC Cube store? Rumour in our line in Salem NH is that #1, Greg Packard?, got kicked out of line! Can anyone confirm, Anyone know what happened?

Salem, NH, 29 people, party atmosphere, blankets laid out on the floor. Wicked cool.

- SR

2russky

Jun 26, 2007
I drove by AT&T store in Chcago suburbs at 8.45 am today - there were only 4 people camping outside. Sorry, I won't tell exact location as I'm planning to go there in the afternoon - don't need more competition.

piggy1020

Jun 28, 2007
i'm headed over to the southlake store... i'll update when im there (or try to at least) i'll be in a brown tanktop.

JOLLYWOG

Bronze
Jun 24, 2007
I'm at Valley Fair Mall in San Jose, CA. Steve Wozniak is here! We took pictures with him. They gave out Apple shirts ("The Line Starts Here"), and we each got numbered lanyards, each signed by Woz (I'm number 44).

Woz also said that all of us here this early would definitely get one.
They said that *this* was the flagship store, since the Apple Headquarters Store was closed today. Woz also said that Steve Jobs might come by.
The Apple employees are taking our pictures, movies, giving us water. This is the best!

And...I was talking to Woz about the stock/supply of iPhones, and how great it was that it looked like stock wouldn't be a problem this time, and he looked at me and smiled, "And there's things I'm not even allowed to tell you yet!"

Kick ass.
That's awesome! I love the fact that Woz is actually down there on line with you guys.

I was listening to the podcast Mac OS Ken this morning and he was talking about that. He said that Woz talked to Jobs recently and Jobs told him that he'd send him an iPhone that would arrive on Saturday. Woz wanted his as soon as he could get it. So he's on line.

JOLLYWOG

Bronze
Jun 24, 2007
Here's some entertainment for you line waiters. Funny bit of blogging with video.

http://marioa.squarespace.com/iPhone/2007/6/28/how-to-steps-to-guarantee-your-pole-position-for-the-iphone.html

From Mario Armstrong's blog -

For the uninitiated, the "keeper of the list" or Chief Ranking Line officer wields quite a bit of power. He or she gets to run the line so to speak because they are the person who writes down who cam first and in what order.

Let me give you an example of the importance of the position, If you only have 100 widgets and 120 people trying to get on line to get a widget then you can see the importance of maintaining an orderly list. Also, for some bizarre reason, everyone cowtows to the "guy with the list".Gotta dispute? See the guy with the list. Gotta get supplies? See the guy with the list. Gotta use the bathroom? I think you get where I am going here.

From micturation to line evaluation to hateration (I just wanted to say hateration for some reason), the guy with the list is a God.

Understand the importance of the guy with the list, grasshopper, and you too can become Chief Ranking LIne Officer...

thedwp

Bronze
Jun 24, 2007
We've hit the 80-100 mark here in nashville-Apple Store. I've been interviewed by a national website and a dud tried to bribe me with an ipod for my place in line. (why would I need an ipod at this point?) He tried a few other people then finally left.

420greg

Silver
Jun 26, 2007
Orlando, Florida
Just got a phone report from a friend that works across the way from the Apple store at the Florida Mall in Orlando...

20 people as of 11am.

iWantone

Jun 18, 2007
So, I know I probably update too much but I thought this funny. While I've been sitting here, I've seen 2 FedExs trucks, 2 UPS trucks and an Armored Brinks Truck deliver stuff to this store. I have no idea if they are iPhone or not but..it's just weird to me they get that many deliveries.

And nope, the manager said he couldn't say how many they got. Maybe because they havnt al come yet? I dunno.

11:40 and still no line. It is raining though and I've seen plenty of people slow down when they get to the store to see if there's a line or something.

AHHH. Just about 6 hours to go!

spacerog

Bronze
Jun 11, 2007
www.spacerogue.net
So the Bertuchie's (local upscale pizzaria) guy just stopped by the line and passed out menus. He said we can phone it in and they will deliver to the line! First cool external thing to happen this morning. No Woz, no freebies, still no iPhones. Our line is hella fun though. Who knew waiting in line would be such a blast!

Salem NH, 33 people. Expecting the line to get real long during lunch.

- SR

snackdog@mac.com

Jun 23, 2007
Novi Michigan

So the Bertuchie's (local upscale pizzaria) guy just stopped by the line and passed out menus. He said we can phone it in and they will deliver to the line! First cool external thing to happen this morning. No Woz, no freebies, still no iPhones. Our line is hella fun though. Who knew waiting in line would be such a blast!

Salem NH, 33 people. Expecting the line to get real long during lunch.

- SR
At least 30-40 in line. I am #12.

kghoops

Jun 19, 2007
So, I know I probably update too much but I thought this funny. While I've been sitting here, I've seen 2 FedExs trucks, 2 UPS trucks and an Armored Brinks Truck deliver stuff to this store. I have no idea if they are iPhone or not but..it's just weird to me they get that many deliveries.

And nope, the manager said he couldn't say how many they got. Maybe because they havnt al come yet? I dunno.

11:40 and still no line. It is raining though and I've seen plenty of people slow down when they get to the store to see if there's a line or something.

AHHH. Just about 6 hours to go!
Well, I hope the rain stops or I will be soaked by the time it's 6 since I did not bring an umbrella! Stay home in your dry houses people! :laugh2: