"In-Line" Thread

LauraBee

Bronze
Jun 21, 2007
Napa, CA
www.flyingcolorstattoo.com
It's like one big Ifamily

Hey, I've seen a lot of posts about people getting on line.

Post where you are, how many people are in line with you, etc. This could be interesting.

Good luck everyone.
There's still only about 50 people here in this line, and it's like we're just one big happy family... There's no feeling of competition or the coldness you can feel sometimes when stuck with a bunch of strangers...and go figure, most of us have our mac books with us. this is not as bad as I thought it might be...:laugh2:

Jun 29, 2007
still sitting here at number 6 in Norfolk, and about 150ish people in line now....quite fun, guy in front of me brought a table and we have been playing poker the whole time.

Knowsall

Bronze
Jun 17, 2007
Ok after seeing this i feel really good about only 4 people in line at the spot i am at. Im going to eat lunch then go back:laugh2::laugh2:

kghoops

Jun 19, 2007
Update in Cincinnati - 9 people in line now with 3 hours to go. Few people have driven by and asked when it's being released, though so..there may be more near 6pm. We'll see. Maybe this really isn't as big as they were expecting?
Whoop! This last 45 minutes of work cannot go fast enough. Come on 4:30!

Knowsall

Bronze
Jun 17, 2007
Ok...just finished rice and beans and am on way. I will post pics of me when I get there.

Jun 29, 2007
just drove by the closest store (1 block) from my work 1pm here in cali...about 20+ people in line. i'm a manager so i can leave really whenever today but i wont head over till around 3..no word on quantities ha? at least 50 i'd assume.

tfg

Jun 20, 2007
I don't think my city got the memo about this thing coming out today. There's no one at my AT&T store. I went there around 3:20 and waited until 4 and there's no one there. Just regular shoppers. I'm going back around 4:30 when they close to get in line. I mean I kinda thought that this thing wasn't going to sell that well here, but I didn't expect to only have to wait like an hour or so.

iPaul

Bronze
Jun 25, 2007
Minneapolis
WHHHHHHHHHOOOOOOOOOOOO.....

My wife is locked-down, in-line, and holding my spot at #20 till I get off work, at the Eagan MN AT&T! Isn't she a sweetie!? I think she wants a new Coach purse or something, lol... Course, this is my birthday present, so she will be done shopping for me too...

I AM IN! I should get there about 10 minutes before they re-open...

spacerog

Bronze
Jun 11, 2007
www.spacerogue.net
Salem NH is up to about 100 people or so.

Oldest in line is 75 and youngest is 16 (who is actually going to buy a phone)

Mall cops are getting antsy. tellling people ot put away signs and stop taking pictures. They are trying to kill the buzz but its not working. Energey lkevel of the line is picking up.

- SR #1

Apple4me

Evangelist
Gold
Jun 27, 2007
Phoenix, AZ
Just dropped my 14 year old daughter and her friend off at Apple store in Chandler Fashion Square near Phoenix, AZ. There are about 80 people in front of them and another dozen or so behind them when I left at 1pm. Apple did great job of roping off waiting line that snakes through the mall, breaks at other businesss openings and generally keeps the line from impacting mall walk traffic. To top it off, Apple employees are handing out bottled water to those in line, even though they are waiting in 78 degree AC while it's about 110 outside.