In mourning for my lost 3GS

Discussion in 'iPhone 3GS' started by Booyow1204, Sep 23, 2012.

1. Booyow1204

Booyow1204 Contributor
    Silver

So my poor trusty phone that has been w/me for ages (2+years) is currently away from it's papa.

Was in a bar having a good time and left to go somewhere else and realized I was phoneless, ran back frantic, (less than 5mins later). Searched high and low no phone anywhere, asked everybody and their mom about a black iPhone. The bar I was at is very trendy, and very crowded, I'm hoping people will figure out that my iPhone is old and outdated look at it in disdain and turn it in to somebody.

Ironically, I was talking about upgrading phones tonight as well (serves me right) I was gonna upgrade to the 5 after I got my little bonus at work next wk.

So part of this thread is I wanna remind people that luckily I decided to have the "Find my iPhone" feature always activated, today I learned how to use it, sent a text message to the phone hopefully it will make its way home to me. Good news is according to GPS it is still in the vicinity of the bar I left a few hours ago. Which I think is a good sign, hopefully a barback or busser stashed it in the back to be dealt w/later.

Does anybody know if activating "Find my iPhone" through the iCloud will drain the battery? right now it looks pretty low. Just wondering if it constantly tries to pinpoint it which will kill the battery.

Any advice on what I should do next?

2. raqball

raqball Evangelist
    Gold

I'd call the police and file a report..

There was a story in the news yesterday where a flight attendant was arrested for stealing an iPad that was left on the aircraft..

She took it home and was using it as her own, had her own info on it ect.. The true owner tracked it down with the Find My iPad feature and called the Police..

She went to jail and he got his iPad back!..

Hope you get yours back soon!

3. Redhotchili

Redhotchili Member
    Bronze

Just heard that story about flight attendant & iPad this morn...so happy for the guy who got it back.

How do I turn my iPhone onto GPS tracking on my 4s? Can't seem to find since I upgraded to ios6.

4. raqball

raqball Evangelist
    Gold

Settings ---> Privacy ---> Location Services ---> Turn on Find My iPhone

:)

5. Booyow1204

Booyow1204 Contributor
    Silver

Well it's confirmed stolen as it was located far off from where I was. I didn't think about calling the police as an option. Didn't even think about them doing anything. Battery died eventually and i turned off the locater and remote wiped the phone, but I was able to get a phone to use in the interim.