in put please..

jjvaldez

Gold
Jul 3, 2007
Salinas, Ca
hey all, im doing research on IPTV
basically that is Verizon FIOS , and ATT U-Vers.. just wondering if anyone has it,what they think of it or plain just never heard of it....

thanks

psylichon

Genius
Oct 31, 2007
Philly
It's cable TV from your phone company via fiber optics.

connie

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 11, 2007
So Cal
We just got Verizon Fios put in about 3 weeks ago. All computers seem to be running a lot faster and downloads are much quicker. Is this what your asking or something more specific?

jjvaldez

Gold
Jul 3, 2007
Salinas, Ca
thanks for the input.. did you get that triple deal... the phone tv and net?

connie

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 11, 2007
So Cal
We do have a triple deal but its phone, internet, and Direct TV, cause we signed up for it when they had the Direct Tv deal and we signed a 2 year contract. So they still give us the deal (our contract with Direct TV will be done in a couple of months), then we can switch to fios TV. They still worked with us though or else I wouldn't have agreed to it. Our DSL was like one of the 1st modems that ever came out, it was so old. My concern was that they install everything for free and my monthly phone bill wouldn't go up and they did it. So I am paying exactly the same. So far I do see improvement and no more little things hanging off the phone plugs or modem connected to the computer. Everything is wireless!

chris

Administrator
Administrator
Jun 10, 2006
Long Island, NY
We have FIOS here in NY. It definitely rocks. FIOS offers non-compressed feeds, so the picture quality is among the best (if not the best) out there. DirecTV has a better selection of HD, plus unbeatable sports. However, I did experience some audio drop outs and picture issues. Nothing major, but it never happens with FIOS. They do charge a lot for their boxes. Last I checked, their HD-DVR is about $16 or so. I have TiVoHD, so the damage is $6 per month for (2) cable cards. This eliminates the need for the FIOS DVR/Box. Add TiVo fees and it breaks out the same. TiVo trumps any of the DVRs on the market, so I'll gladly pay for it --- because it simply works!

jjvaldez

Gold
Jul 3, 2007
Salinas, Ca
thanks for the input chris.. i myself have not tried either FIOS or U-Vers, they seem interesting to me but from reading it, it just seems like a scam to me... [maybe not maybe it is good, just ahead of its time] who knows.. my dad has HD and that is ok..