In Store Pickup

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by TheAtreidesHawk, Oct 7, 2011.

1. TheAtreidesHawk

Bronze

Has anyone done this yet with the iPhone 4S?

I just need to know what steps to take for in store pick up before I lose this pre order? Please help

2. TheAtreidesHawk

Bronze

I mean can anyone help me? What is the deal? can this stupid phone be reserved for in store pickup or NOT? Thats ALL i'm asking...

3. NewGuy

NewGuy Member
    Bronze

No it can not. You either pre-order and its delivered to you. Or you go wait in line with everyone else on release day and hope they still have one when its your turn.

4. lansbury

lansbury Member
    Bronze

When I got as far as check out on the Apple site, before it crashed and kicked me off, there was a choice of delivery or in store pick up.

5. NewGuy

NewGuy Member
    Bronze

I haven't heard of this but it might be the case. Apple's site was giving me too much grief so I got it from AT&T

6. TheAtreidesHawk

Bronze

Well there's one vs another. I'm leaning towards believing the "new guy" since I was on there very early...and I never saw an option for in store pickup.

I just wish others would say whether they actually have an in store pick up confirmed....

7. NewGuy

NewGuy Member
    Bronze

Ive read a lot of the threads and nobody has said anything about that. I guess wait and see if anyone else posts anything.

8. ZR_Yancy

ZR_Yancy Genius
    Gold

In store pickup doesn't guarantee you a phone at launch. I did it last year and got one before they ran out. It's very deceiving. The only advantage it gives you is priority over walk-ins but there could be hundreds who also chose in store pick up like you.

9. NewGuy

NewGuy Member
    Bronze

Question, y don't u go through the process of buying it and if it gives u an in store pick up then pick it. if not then put your home address in for delivery.

10. lansbury

lansbury Member
    Bronze

You can always go as far as the check out page and see if you get the option. It was there on my screen last night as I looked at it as I wasn't expecting to see two options.

11. TheAtreidesHawk

Bronze

That's what I'm saying. It didn't give me the option. I go through all the stupid steps and it asks "Where do you want to pick up your iPhone 4S". There are two columns.

OPTION 1 is the delivery method....I do NOT want that. HOWEVER underneath this column which is on the left side of the screen there is a button for "Add to Cart"

OPTION 2 is the In Store Pick Up. Yet it all says is,
    "Apple Retail Store

iPhone 3GS is available for pickup today. iPhone 4 and iPhone 4S are available for pickup beginning October 14, on a first-come, first-served basis.

When you arrive at an Apple Retail Store to complete your purchase, you’ll also get Personal Setup. We’ll activate your phone, get you set up on iCloud, and answer any questions you may have. You’ll be up and running before you leave the store.

Learn more about buying iPhone at the Apple Retail Store"

But there is NO option for "Add to cart" on the right hand column.

12. NewGuy

NewGuy Member
    Bronze

I tried asking for you but this was the convo that took place:

• Hi, my name is Aisha F. Welcome to Apple!

• Hi there!

• How may I help you today?

• Hi, question for you. If I want to preorder the 4S and do in store pick up. Is that an option? And if so how do I do that?

• I am glad you asked.

• If you pre order on the 7th, the iPhone 4S should arrive at your door on the 14th, without you having to go and wait in line.

• Yes, but if i specifically wanted to go pick it up from a retail store? Can i preorder and pay for it but go pick it up from a store?

• If you preorder it would be delivered on Oct. 14th.

• Or you can wait and go the the Apple Retail store on the 14th.

• But I cant preorder and pick it up? That is not an option like it was with previous models?

• Preorder right now then go to the store on the 14 and pick it up. This way I guarantee that there will be one waiting for me. And maybe get faster service?

• Let me double check that for you.

• We do offer free shipping and you will be the first to receive the new iPhone 4S! No need to worry about availability, you can simply choose the model you want here in the Apple Online Store to ensure it is on it's way!

• ok thanks bye

13. NewGuy

NewGuy Member
    Bronze

as u can c, the Apple employee wasn't that bright and had no clue what I was talking about

14. ZR_Yancy

ZR_Yancy Genius
    Gold

You cannot reserve an iP4S for in store pick-up. Like previously stated, 1st come, 1st serve.

15. NewGuy

NewGuy Member
    Bronze

Thats exactly what I thought... But I started to doubt myself for a second there so wanted to make sure.

16. TheAtreidesHawk

Bronze

So basically he's either making this up or was confused when he was pre ordering his iPhone 4S?

Fine I believe that. Its stupid especially since they did offer this option last year. And I took advantage of it. I was one of the lucky few who did have a reserved iPhone 4 and I only had to wait a little bit and I was out in 10 minutes once the store had opened.

Anyways I've decided to just not get the 4S. I'm gonna hope that the iPhone 5 is truly revolutionary as far as the hardware is concerned. I want at 4.0 inch screen. Hell I'd really like 4.3 but I don't know if that will be possible...

17. lansbury

lansbury Member
    Bronze

Yep I have nothing better to do with my time than to sit here making up stupid answers to questions. Sorry for trying to be helpfulI sure I saw the option.

18. TheAtreidesHawk

Bronze

Hmmmn and I definitely said OR there. And yes its completely reasonable to assume that you're making it up because this is the internet and there are trolls everywhere who have nothing better to do than be non helpful.

I frankly don't know what to think. Like i said in the end it doesn't really matter. because after thinking about it all day the iPhone 4S isn't that much of a major upgrade. I'd rather just keep my 4 which is pretty fast to begin with (or at least fast enough for ME) and get iOS 5 on that.

I'll be eligible for a full discount 11/25 but I'll just wait till next Summer/Fall for the iPhone 5 and hope that that is the true successor to the 4.

19. Napoleon PhoneApart

Senior Moderator

20. NewGuy

NewGuy Member
    Bronze

I'm in for the hug haha. I don't understand how a friendly conversation turns into that but oh well. The question was answered and we can move on.