In what folder is the music stored on the iPhone?

KNK

Jul 22, 2007
Stevenson Ranch
I also have a jailbroken iPhone and started using winscp for making my own thems and stuff. I was wondering if I can take music files off of my iPhone though and have them back on my computer. because I lost some music files but they are still on my iPhone.
How are you syncing music now when you purchase on iTunes?

Can't believe this thread has been viewed over 10,000 times with only 2 pages.

popeyeray

Jan 7, 2010
SOLVED - FINAL SOLUTION Firm Ver 3.1.2 (7D11)

Modem firmware 05.11.07
Jailbroken iPhone
No fuss, no muss, it's simple, and this is the latest and greatest iPhone.;)

Just download SharePod here

http://getsharepod.com/download/

SharePod 3.9.4 Preview 10 (29 Oct 2009)

Using Sharepod, I had simply copied all the music and movies from my iPod to a folder C:\Downloads which was the default. After unplugging my iPod, I plugged in my iPhone and ran sharepod.exe. You can run it from your computer, it's very easy.
Now I don't know if this makes a difference but I chose to create a new playlist on my iPhone, and called it iTunes, then when it finished copying all the songs/movies, I ejected it, clicked on iPod, not iTunes. I then crossed my fingers.....VIOLA! :D all my songs were neatly arranged just the way the iPod, and iPhone like them to be.

Thanks to Nikias Bassen, Paul Sladen, Jonathan Beck, and Christophe Fergeau
for making iPhone 3G/iPod touch 2 support possible, and of course Jeffrey Harris, a developer from New Zealand, for creating the program!:eek:k:eek:k

themeshiach

Jan 15, 2009
K heres my problem. I cant get iTunes working at all on my comp so i really need to find a way to get music on my phone. Ive tried everything to get iTunes working but nothing. If anyones a solution that doesn't involve iTunes pleas help me.

evilsheep

Mar 25, 2010
K heres my problem. I cant get iTunes working at all on my comp so i really need to find a way to get music on my phone. Ive tried everything to get iTunes working but nothing. If anyones a solution that doesn't involve iTunes pleas help me.
I've not tried it yet (I'm probably going to try it this week) but I've heard good things about a program called CopyTrans

http://www.copytrans.net/copytransmanager.php

Hope that's helpful mate.

Luckey

May 20, 2010
There is a simple and free way to do this.

First you must have a jailbroken iPhone
Ensure ssh has been installed and enabled on the iPhone
Download and install WinSCP to the new PC
Have your new PC and the iPhone on the same network.
Connect to your iPhone's IP via WinSCP
*** Username is: root ***
*** I will not go into details about the root password as this is well covered, just google it ***
Once connected browse to the '/private/var/mobile/Media' directory
Copy the entire iTunes_Control directory to your new PC.
Once copy is complete, open iTunes and import the iTunes_Control directory into iTunes.
*** Select the option to allow iTunes to organize your music. ***
Once the import is complete check iTunes to make sure the music is listed.
You can now sync your iPhone to the new PC allowing the music on the iPhone to be deleted as all the music is now safely copied to the new PC.

DodoPhe

Jan 2, 2011
There is a simple and free way to do this.

First you must have a jailbroken iPhone
Ensure ssh has been installed and enabled on the iPhone
Download and install WinSCP to the new PC
Have your new PC and the iPhone on the same network.
Connect to your iPhone's IP via WinSCP
*** Username is: root ***
*** I will not go into details about the root password as this is well covered, just google it ***
Once connected browse to the '/private/var/mobile/Media' directory
Copy the entire iTunes_Control directory to your new PC.
Once copy is complete, open iTunes and import the iTunes_Control directory into iTunes.
*** Select the option to allow iTunes to organize your music. ***
Once the import is complete check iTunes to make sure the music is listed.
You can now sync your iPhone to the new PC allowing the music on the iPhone to be deleted as all the music is now safely copied to the new PC.
So, I did as you suggested and i got the folder into the iTunes, but songs come now with some 'random' titles like - SDFR, GHZT, GHUD, ASDE ... - not the names originaly found on my iPhone. Can you recommend a fix to that?
And, while we're at it - what do you exactly mean by import - i can add file or folder, there is no import option in iTunes, is there?

Thanks.