In Your opinion, Best iPad cover?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by BoLoThaBeAR, Mar 9, 2012.

1. BoLoThaBeAR

BoLoThaBeAR Member
    Bronze

Just purchased "the new ipad" was wondering what you recommend from previous ipad experience.

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  2. Target

Target Evangelist
    Gold

I use a smart cover. I like the fact it's thin, opens to back, stays on the iPad and doubles as a keyboard stand as well as a stand for movies and such.

Target

Sent from my iPhone 4 using iCafe app

3. Geo

Geo Member
    Bronze

Leather, black. Incase or what I have is a Griffin. It is sleek, black leather which will prop the iPad for viewing movies or typing. But it remains very thin.

4. Josh Yates

Josh Yates Contributor
    Silver

I love the Smart Cover with a hard cover on the back to cover it completely. I have been using the Belkin Snap Cover for now...gonna try others with my New iPad.

5. RoofMonkey

RoofMonkey Genius
    Gold

I've had the Otterbox defender on my iPad 1 since a week after getting it. Yeah it's a tank, but boy oh boy is it protected!
    May go the same route, depending on how long it takes LifeProof to get their iPad case out.

6. Michael Baturin

Michael Baturin Evangelist
    Gold

My favorite is the Sena Ultraslim. It's a handmade leather pouch. I love it because when you use the iPad, it's bare and how it was meant to be used. When your not using it, all sides are protected. Little expensive at $60 but I have one for my iPad and iPhone. http://www.senacases.com/Apple/ipad-2-cases/ultraslim-cases/

7. Beemer

Beemer Member
    Bronze

I just bought a ZAGGfolio case. It comes with a bluetooth keyboard that works with the iPad and your phone. I love it...

8. BoLoThaBeAR

BoLoThaBeAR Member
    Bronze

Beemer im goin to look into it... Thx pal!

9. AlexW

AlexW New Member

I use the iMainGo XP as a case (it's also speakers and a stand too) and love it. I got hooked up with one from work and have been using it ever since. I travel a lot and it comes in handy for watching tv and movies (which I just downloaded the Time Warner app and it works great). Check it out here: http://amzn.to/iMainGoXP.

Now, to decide whether to get the new iPad or not...

10. DVision

DVision New Member

Dodocase! Completely handmade and top notch quality! I had one for my iPad 2 and have just ordered one for my New iPad! I had a Classic, but they have some new ones for this latest release. http://www.dodocase.com/

11. DianySuazo

DianySuazo New Member

The best iPad case made. Period.
    All other cases are in distant last place.

12. Faye

Faye New Member

Clamcase hands down the best!

13. psylichon

psylichon Genius

I've always been a "thin as possible" sort of person when it comes to cases. But everything the for the iPad felt too flimsy to me. I really really like my Otterbox Defender, though. Not as bulky as you'd imagine, and the whole thing just feels solid. I can carry it around with confidence.

14. snowtrooper1966

Gold

^
    X2 on the Defender.
    Family proof....

15. psylichon

psylichon Genius

Took my iPad fearlessly to the beach. Very little sand got in. It makes the whole thing much more useable, in my opinion.

16. Rictur

Rictur Member
    Bronze

Have the Otterbox Defender and a Marware CEO Hybrid. Love them both. The Hybrid is very thin but offers good protection. I throw on the Defender if I'm going to be out in the field, but I tend to keep it in the Hybrid.

17. Jarred

Jarred Contributor
    Bronze

I have a defender on the way. I think the case will actually make the iPad easier to grasp with one hand, not to mention reduce the cursed finger marks everywhere!

Edit: How is the built in screen protector on it? Does it reduce the quality of the retina display like it does on the iPhone? On the phone I've knocked it out and just use a thin film type protector, wondering if I should order one for the iPad now.

18. psylichon

psylichon Genius

I tried to like the built-in screen protector on the Defender. I think it's as good as those sorts of things get, but it still did odd things to the image quality. I eventually knocked mine out and put a crystal shield on. Perfect combo.

19. RoofMonkey

RoofMonkey Genius
    Gold

20. Bennyboy

Bennyboy Genius
    Platinum

Go naked, YOLO!

I'll never say YOLO again I promise.