Inaccurate Battery Usage on 5.1

Discussion in 'iOS Software' started by boozeman, Mar 8, 2012.

1. boozeman

boozeman New Member

I upgraded to 5.1 yesterday and immediately noticed my battery going down super fast. I killed all running apps at 37% and then sat my phone down(a 64gb 4S btw) and picked it up 10 minutes later and it was down to 31%! So I went to bed around 11pm and plugged it in as usual to charge. I happened to wake up around 2:30, so just to experiment I unplugged the phone (it was at 100%) just to see what it would be when I got up in the am. Well, just woke up around 8:30am and the phone is completely dead! Thats right, completely dead after 6 hours of stand-by with no background apps running at all. I looked right away on this forum expecting hundreds of similar posts from the new upgrade but found none! Any ideas?

2. boozeman

boozeman New Member

Oh, and by the way, my wife has a iPhone 4 and seems to be fine. I upgraded her phone to 5.1 too, but her battery is holding at 100% after a full charge for close to half an hour with a couple of uses in there too. WTF!

3. bballrob

bballrob Genius
    Gold

Doesn't the title as well as the 2nd post of this thread voilate the "family friendly" standards and policies of this forum?

4. boozeman

boozeman New Member

My bad. Sorry I'll edit.

5. boozeman

boozeman New Member

cant edit title. Moderator, can u change title for me?

6. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

Thread title edited.

7. boozeman

boozeman New Member

Nevermind, seems to be working fine after another full charge. Maybe when it died this am it rebooted and fixed itself. Not sure....

8. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

Sounds like it just needed to be calibrated. It's always a good idea to let it drain down to 0% and power itself down after a firmware update to allow it to calibrate the battery.

9. boozeman

boozeman New Member

10. RolandSeh

RolandSeh New Member

Full cycle battery charge is normally a good calibration practice. I normally let my iPhone "die" twice a month and recharge from 0. I believe this is a good battery care practice. Helps in making your battery live longer. :)

- Roland Seh

"Key to happiness is when nothing matters enough to bother you."