inadvertently type wrong email in iCloud set up

Discussion in 'iCloud' started by iNurse, Jan 10, 2012.

1. iNurse

iNurse Contributor

Can someone please tell me how to correct this... my daughter when trying to set up iCloud so she can have "find my iPhone" app... was creating her iCloud id and three times inadvertently typed wrong email... now it says cannot set up iCloud ---iCloud limit has been reached.

I was on the phone with apple support for 45 minutes to only be told I needed a different advisor and to call back tomorrow. Wait time was 30 minutes and they close in an hour.

Does anyone know how to delete or correct this wrong emails so we can set up the email on the phone for the iCloud? These emails were typed with wrong letter or number or something so they are not even actual emails that we can go to and use.

Thank you..
  2. Europa

Europa Moderator

Please post the exact error message.
  3. Avatar

Sponsored Advertisement

4. imutter

imutter Genius

Where is she trying to set it up at ? on a device or computer ?
    icloud.com
    Can she set it it up here (again with right e-mail) and then add it as ID on her device
  5. iNurse

iNurse Contributor

iCloud limit reached.....

We had two on iCloud and when she tried to set hers up only for the find iPhone ... she typed wrong email address -- placed a 3 in email instead of a 4.... so there is no way to confirm it.
  6. iNurse

iNurse Contributor

It won't let you set up from iCloud.com

:(
  7. iNurse

iNurse Contributor

I corrected the first post Europa. Thank you
  8. imutter

imutter Genius

this says so limit reached that means you have not enough storage
    we have the same issue so we all use our own @me accounts but still under my ID
    each @me account has it's own storage and the App can be downloaded and works of the iTunes ID not the @me account
    I hope I am not confusing you LOL
  9. iNurse

iNurse Contributor

we are sharing the iTunes id tho.... :(
  10. RoofMonkey

RoofMonkey Genius

I wonder if you added / changed someone to another apple ID, if it would let you add it then. Not sure if removing someone / creating a newer ID would give more space or not.
    I'm not even sure I'm making sense or not.
  11. imutter

imutter Genius

we do too but all our devices are set up with their own @me (cloud)
    What many get confused on is that the cloud from iTunes is seperate from "the cloud"
    I have so to speak 2 Id's the itunes and the @me you can still share all songs and Apps but back up into your own cloud
  12. imutter

imutter Genius

now my ipad and phone are under the same @me for photostream but that I turned off
  13. iNurse

iNurse Contributor

Apple called me back today and they showed me how to go to www.appleid.com and from that i logged in with the wrong email that she had typed in and the password (Even tho it was not verified) and then once logged in, I was able to change it to the correct address. SWEW! Thanks for everyone's help.
    • Like Like x 1