Incase 3G case

cfarag

Bronze
Jul 1, 2007
Has anyone used this yet? It looks sweet, but it seems all these slide on cases scratch your phone when you put them on. And I don't want to deal with messing around with the "skins" because they are impossible to get put on right.

Is it jsut me, but do all the cases for the iPhone not seem good?

Sharunda

Genius
Gold
Jun 16, 2008
One Horse Town, New Jersey
Which Incase 3G case are you referring to? I have the one with the Velcro on the back to close the top. It comes in three colors, Black, Pink and blue. I love them. They are simple to put on and use. They protect the phone very well. As far as the scratching, I don't have any. The black Incase case is the case i plurchased at the Apple store the day i bought my phone. The inside didn't seem like it would scratch my phone and I used it everyday until i got my Clearprotector and covered my phone with it. After that i still use the case and it works very well and looks good.

I am weary of cases that will scratch the iPhone 3g and it is important to do the rub test on the inside of the case before using it. I love the silicone cases too. They are not for carrying on your belt at all, they are just rubber covers that come in a lot of colors. I have a few of them in different colors and since i carry my phone in my hand, or slide it in my pocket, I can use these cases.

Over all, depending on the Incase case you are talking about, they are good.

cfarag

Bronze
Jul 1, 2007
Which Incase 3G case are you referring to? I have the one with the Velcro on the back to close the top. It comes in three colors, Black, Pink and blue. I love them. They are simple to put on and use. They protect the phone very well. As far as the scratching, I don't have any. The black Incase case is the case i plurchased at the Apple store the day i bought my phone. The inside didn't seem like it would scratch my phone and I used it everyday until i got my Clearprotector and covered my phone with it. After that i still use the case and it works very well and looks good.

I am weary of cases that will scratch the iPhone 3g and it is important to do the rub test on the inside of the case before using it. I love the silicone cases too. They are not for carrying on your belt at all, they are just rubber covers that come in a lot of colors. I have a few of them in different colors and since i carry my phone in my hand, or slide it in my pocket, I can use these cases.

Over all, depending on the Incase case you are talking about, they are good.

This is the one I'm refering too

Last edited by a moderator:
Jul 16, 2008
Colorado
If you search for incase or slider you'll get what you're looking for.

cfarag

Bronze
Jul 1, 2007
If you search for incase or slider you'll get what you're looking for.
I did but wasn't able to find a thread from anyone whos actually used it for the 3G and can confirm or deny that it scratches the chrome.

Its like I'm damned if I do and damned if I don't get a case. On one hand cases seem to scratch the phones themselves when they are applies and on the other, going "naked" increases the risk of damage from a drop.

Jul 16, 2008
Colorado
Well we're all in the same boat. The incase slider is one of the sharpest looking cases I've seen and it doesn't add much bulk to the phone. IMO it probably doesn't really offer a lot of protection either. And yes, you're right, there is the risk of the case scratching the phone itself too. Apparently if you remove it from the case weekly and clean both the phone and the case to remove dust and dirt particles it doesn't scratch. I think the rubber resin type cases offer more protection and my v1 didn't get a scratch on it with the Revo case. Although it also has its own set of cons as well.