InCase Issues

Neo-Tech

Bronze
Oct 24, 2008
Hello,

I got an iPhone 3GS on Sunday from the Apple Store and I also got a InCase Slider for iPhone 3G (Gun Metal) too. It's a pretty nice case, it's on par with my old Griffin Elan Form for 3G which was glued leather and as you know, if the glue gets hot, it can start moving. Oh shi...gone off-topic!

Anyways as for the issues, firstly, the case is very tight, I know that the 3GS is 1mm thicker and the case is made for the 3G, could this be the issue? Also, my screen protector is bubbling up as I mentioned in another thread, I have another 2 spare. They're nothing fancy, should I try and reapply it?

Thanks guys
Neo-Tech

iphonewarrior

Apr 11, 2008
I have had to remove my screen protector due to having the incase slider on my 3G- yep not the 3GS. Mine was bubbling up also. It got that annoyed with looking at it, it upset me so i removed it.

I think it's the actual slider itself, they are tight, you don't get much give with them. But they are a good case.

my first slider was ridiculously tight. i actually damaged my 3g trying to get it off. my poor 3g definitely felt all my case experiments, haha. anyway, i bought a new one on monday that said 3gs on the box, it fits much better but i really think all incase slider's fit differently. some are too tight, some too loose, some just right.

and for screen protectors, i usually just buy cheep ones that are 5 for $5. they're the ones that you have to cut to size and they kind of suck. but hey, no bubbles for me! when i do buy the power support ones, i always cut them a bit if i know i'm going to use a slider case. i can never get those ones on good enough.

iphonewarrior

Apr 11, 2008
I've never thought about cutting them down.

Good idea, you could just make them slightly smaller so the incase slider fits nice and snug.

map1978

Bronze
Jan 21, 2009
you should return the case and buy the "new" versions. the slider was remanufactured and they fit great. i have the new metallic orange and i have the magnesium on its way.

i had the charcoal version (old packaging) and there was a gap where the case met. incase sent me out the new magnesium slider.

as for the screen protector, i have the PS anti-glare and i have no bubbles or pulling up effect. the protector has to be aligned super perfect or your gonna have problems.

hope you get your problems worked out :eek:k:eek:k

kirbaby

Bronze
Jul 21, 2009
South Bay, CA
I actually bought my 3gs this past friday, and i also bought a gunmetal incase slider!

Some say it fits tight, but in a perfect way.

I'm happy on how it fits, it's nice and snug.

KabaModern

Zealot
Gold
Mar 31, 2008
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
I gave up on the Slider after I went through a couple and they all scratched up the bezel and back of my iPhone. There are definitely better cases out there.

::cough:: Speck ::cough:: CandyShell ;)

iphonewarrior

Apr 11, 2008
Element Case- a little big but very nice indeed.

Neo-Tech

Bronze
Oct 24, 2008
I have had to remove my screen protector due to having the incase slider on my 3G- yep not the 3GS. Mine was bubbling up also. It got that annoyed with looking at it, it upset me so i removed it.

I think it's the actual slider itself, they are tight, you don't get much give with them. But they are a good case.
Wow, you probably didn't get it exactly in the middle :p
Yeah, but I saw on some YouTube Videos and it seemed pretty easy to take in and out.

my first slider was ridiculously tight. anyway, i bought a new one on monday that said 3gs on the box, it fits much better but i really think all incase slider's fit differently. some are too tight, some too loose, some just right.

and for screen protectors, i usually just buy cheep ones that are 5 for $5. they're the ones that you have to cut to size and they kind of suck. but hey, no bubbles for me! when i do buy the power support ones, i always cut them a bit if i know i'm going to use a slider case. i can never get those ones on good enough.
I guess your right, not all of them are perfect.
Well, I've been told to put the bottom of the case on and then line it up properly and apply it. I hate cutting my own screen protectors lol, what's worse is, you have to make a hole for the speaker so you can listen to your calls.

I've never thought about cutting them down.

Good idea, you could just make them slightly smaller so the incase slider fits nice and snug.
Yeah, but then again my cutting skills are pretty crap, rofl.

you should return the case and buy the "new" versions. the slider was remanufactured and they fit great. i have the new metallic orange and i have the magnesium on its way.

i had the charcoal version (old packaging) and there was a gap where the case met. incase sent me out the new magnesium slider.

as for the screen protector, i have the PS anti-glare and i have no bubbles or pulling up effect. the protector has to be aligned super perfect or your gonna have problems.

hope you get your problems worked out
As much as I'd love to, I got the case from Carphone Warehouse which ie near the Apple Store in Sheffield. And that store is miles away :(

Nice, I checked Incase's site and they have 3GS versions on the way. I've emailed them asking if I can get a replacement :D And it seems their support is good :)

Yeah, as I mentioned above, if you put the bottom of the case on and then apply it, you get good results :p Or you could always go the way of cutting it :-P and thanks :)

I actually bought my 3gs this past friday, and i also bought a gunmetal incase slider!

Some say it fits tight, but in a perfect way.

I'm happy on how it fits, it's nice and snug.
It's tight, but too tight. It needs to a bit loser, I have a dock near my bedside table and I don't dock it anymore simply because it's too hard to remove it!

I gave up on the Slider after I went through a couple and they all scratched up the bezel and back of my iPhone. There are definitely better cases out there.

::cough:: Speck ::cough:: CandyShell ;)
I think they're pretty good cases, I have yet to get any scratches on mine. The rubber rails really help. And yes dust can get in from the camera hole so you will get scratches if you don't regularly clean it.

Sorry for the lots of quotes in this post, lol. And thanks for your help so far guys, I like some of the suggestions you have given me :D

iphonewarrior

Apr 11, 2008
^ Quote Quote Quote Quote Quote.

Thats a big thread full of Quote's.

I too, digg the rubber rails. They keep the phone firm inside the case. The dust issue around the camera is fixable- It's a little fiddly, but you can get a small rubber washer (usually something used in plumbing), you can fit it to the incase and gently push your iPhone into the case and it stops dust/snot and bits of skin getting in there.

oh god, i would never have enough patience to actually cut a whole screen protector, speaker holes and home button. i just cut them for the screen, not the whole front. hahaha yeah that would be kind of ridiculous.

but it doesn't matter because i exchanged my slider yesterday for an iskin solo fx. it was my second slider and it did exactly what my first one did -- start to tear up the bezel even though the phone was always pristine when i put it in and still pristine when took it out. thank you obnoxious hotel lights or i wouldn't have noticed until it got bad.

Hawk

Genius
Gold
Aug 2, 2007
ATL
I just picked up a new GunMetal metallic slider last night. Love it, and it gives a whole new look to the phone. ( I even love the little stand they now include)
It IS tight on my 3G, but it's supposed to be.

SLIDER 003.jpg SLIDER 001.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

exe

Aug 9, 2009
Hawk, where did you pick the gun metal one from? I was looking it up online, and it is out of stock at incase's website but instock at two places online, one being Amazon. The problem is, they are listed as two diferent part numbers (incase part numbers).

Incase part # CL59232-B
The ones listed on Amazon and Apple store online CL59059 (which is not listed on incase website)

And what happened to the silver color? Is it discontinued?

Hawk

Genius
Gold
Aug 2, 2007
ATL
Hawk, where did you pick the gun metal one from? I was looking it up online, and it is out of stock at incase's website but instock at two places online, one being Amazon. The problem is, they are listed as two diferent part numbers (incase part numbers).

Incase part # CL59232-B
The ones listed on Amazon and Apple store online CL59059 (which is not listed on incase website)
I bought mine at the Apple store. The Amazon # is probably an old number, but verify at the Apple Store online to be sure.

aznboiser

Bronze
Nov 21, 2007
i have a screen protector and it causes one air bubble which is pretty annoying. but the case it self is actually a little too loose. sometimes when i take it out of my pocket, my case would slide off..is there a way i can get it replaced?

Hawk

Genius
Gold
Aug 2, 2007
ATL
i have a screen protector and it causes one air bubble which is pretty annoying. but the case it self is actually a little too loose. sometimes when i take it out of my pocket, my case would slide off..is there a way i can get it replaced?
yes, just either return it to the store you bought from for an exchange, or contact incase direct at www.goincase.com

Jul 16, 2008
Colorado
Yep, this is exactly why I stopped using the Slider... :(
The last case I used was a slider on my first 3g. It scratched the bezel up so badly, despite being overly cautious with it that I decided to go naked when I finally got it replaced. Best investment yet!

Hawk

Genius
Gold
Aug 2, 2007
ATL
The last case I used was a slider on my first 3g. It scratched the bezel up so badly, despite being overly cautious with it that I decided to go naked when I finally got it replaced. Best investment yet!
Not sure I understand here. Did you get the phone replaced and then went nakid? and how is that an investment?

I have had a slider on my phone since day 1. And for the most part, it looks practically new, but I have the case to prevent damage from dropping the phone and having it shatter.
No matter what you do, over time, the bezel is going to get scratched up. if the case was specifically doing it, then there might be something wrong with the fit of the case. If you are being anal-retentive about fine scratches... Wrap your phone in plastic.

trnsilver

Zealot
Gold
Feb 2, 2008
Florida
Love my slider, but it is the TOP part that slides while the bottom part sticks on the phone. VERY annoying.