Incase Leather Folio or Incase Protective Cover?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

ronak223

Bronze
Jul 16, 2007
Now that I have my beautiful iPhone, I would hate it if it were to get damaged in even the slightest way. However, I also dislike making it seem bulky or "ugly" by buying a case that will provide ultimate protection at the cost of the iPhone's aesthetic qualities.

Now I have to decide between two cases that I liked more than any of the others I've seen, both of which come from Incase. I'm deciding whether to buy the Black Leather Folio they offer:

or to buy the Black Protective Cover Incase offers:

I really liked the Incase Leather Folio and I thought the Protective Cover would be too bulky but from what I've read it doesn't seem to be that way, and people are saying that it is actually quite thin, so I'm wondering if anyone has actually bought any of these cases and could tell me how it is on your iPhone. If you could provide pictures that would be even better. Thanks.

Ramesh

Zealot
Gold
Jul 12, 2007
Irvine, Ca.
Well I had the incase for about a week and did NOT like it. After the third day it started to "shed" on the inside, leaving particles all over the phone. I bought the $30 case from the att website and LOVE it. I had several Apple store employees ask where I got mine from...

ronak223

Bronze
Jul 16, 2007
So you're saying go with the Protective Cover, right? Instead of the Leather Folio. If I was to get the cover, I would probably get a invisibleSHIELD film to protect the screen as well, and it would still end up being cheaper than the folio. However, I'm wondering if the protective cover is bulky at all, or is it sleek and form fitting.

Ramesh

Zealot
Gold
Jul 12, 2007
Irvine, Ca.
So you're saying go with the Protective Cover, right? Instead of the Leather Folio. If I was to get the cover, I would probably get a invisibleSHIELD film to protect the screen as well, and it would still end up being cheaper than the folio. However, I'm wondering if the protective cover is bulky at all, or is it sleek and form fitting.
Actually, I kinda threw a third option... Check out the att website

thedwp

Bronze
Jun 24, 2007
I've had the exact incase protective rubber case for almost 2 weeks and while I like the look and feel of it, it has started to stretch out and doesn't fit well so I'm going with a vaja case www.vajacases.com

jjvaldez

Gold
Jul 3, 2007
Salinas, Ca
i like the rubber thing seems cool i have the att case [DLO] but i am afraid that if i drop it [knock on wood] that the sides will get all scratched and that it will look like crap so im waiting for the iskin revo.. that is going to be a nice case.... id say do the rubber thing...

ronak223

Bronze
Jul 16, 2007
I wouldn't want to have to replace my case within just a couple of weeks, especially not to something such as stretching, which is why I was also debating over getting that protective rubber cover. Honestly the iSkin Revo doesn't really appeal to me either, though I'm sure it would look good on my iPhone. But I think that I will stick to the leather folio and see how it goes.

To the above poster: is it possible to remove the belt clip all together or is it permanently on?

alb0zf1n3st

Silver
Jul 2, 2007
I own the Incase Folio and I love it personally.. i have no problems with it no dislikes just love for it looks very clean and nice and not bulky